Wedding Party

What's shoes??

I need help on deciding shoes for my girls. Two of the girls will wear this dress on canary yellow.

http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_ShortPleatedSatinStraplessDressF14212_BridalPartyBridesmaidsShopByColor

And my maid of honor will be wearing This also in the canary yellow

http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_ShortSatinOfftheShoulderALinewithRuching83168_BridalPartyBridesmaidsShopByColor

But I would like them to have very similar shoes or even matching because I don't want anyone sticking out to much. Also it's going to be outside so we are thinking about staying away from heels. Thanks for any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's shoes??

• canary yellow is a hard color to match.  I would think silver would look best.  With that being said, if you are requiring your girls to all wear matching shoes it is your responsibility to purchase them.  It's the same as if you were requiring matching hair styles or makeup.  Why not just tell them to wear silver shoes of their choosing.  I did that, my MOH wore shoes she already owned, 2 BMs ended up with nearly identical shoes, and the last wore some that she loved and I thought were pretty hideous.  I really don't think anyone really paid attention to their shoes anyway!
  • I may be crazy, but I usually DO notice the BMs shoes. Especially if they are in short dresses (the links wouldnt work for me, so idk if this is the case). It always drives me a little nuts when some are wearing super strappy heels and some are in pumps.

I think if I were to let them pick there own shoes, I would just give a little direction. Like pumps, strappy, peep toe. I don't think the $30 is really the end of the world..

My girls (only two of them) are wearing navy blue dresses they picked themselves. Just had to hit at the knee or slightly above. Both dresses are similar but that was by chance - both are just picks from the mall.  They will be wearing matching shoes that I bought them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards