Wedding Party

Gift for person throwing the Bridal Shower ?

I have 2 MOHs. One is throwing my bridal shower and Bachelorette party. Am I supposed to bring a hostess gift for her ? I feel like shes done alot of organizing for me , but I dont want the other girls to feel left out of I get her something . And if so, what are good gift ideas for this ?

Re: Gift for person throwing the Bridal Shower ?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gift-for-person-throwing-the-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b83413b3-175c-4e61-a7af-945ea3973051Post:a68fba23-0966-4f57-9797-49b035e08936">Gift for person throwing the Bridal Shower ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 2 MOHs. One is throwing my bridal shower and Bachelorette party. Am I supposed to bring a hostess gift for her ? I feel like shes done alot of organizing for me , but I dont want the other girls to feel left out of I get her something . And if so, what are good gift ideas for this ?
    Posted by JennaDanny[/QUOTE]
    I would definitely get her a small gift or at least a sweet thank you note.
    If you don't want the other girls to feel weird, don't giver it to her when they're present.

As for good gift ideas, what does she like? What is she into? What would you buy her if it was the holidays or her birthday, assuming you exchange gifts on those days?
  • I'm with Simply. Give her something before or ship to her home. A genuine thank you card also goes a long way.
  • Send an Edible Arrangement to her home after the event for her to enjoy!

• My sister is my MoH and throwing my shower.  It's also her birthday in a few weeks.  I ended up spending more than I usually do and buying her one of those alphabet photo things that spells out her last name.  It sounds nuts, but I know she really wants one.  So I custom ordered it with the frame to have her last name and "est. 2006" (her wedding year!) at the bottom.  I figure I'll put that with a nice note to thank her for all her work - bridal shower,  bachelorette, etc. - as well as to celebrate her birthday and being my sister/best friend. 
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • A nice thank-you note is fine, but if you want to give her a hosting gift as well, you could give her a gift card to a restaurant or store she likes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards