Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Which reality show would you want to be on? Why?

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try?

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity?

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why? Say Yes To The Dress.  I wish I had enough money to do that!

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try? Yes.  Probably not anymore, though.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity? Yes.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"? One of our GM (actually, she's a girl, so I guess she's a GW) has six cats.  I think she qualifies.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    4 Weddings.  It seems like a fun show to be on!

I think I did once.  I don't remember how old I was though.

I donate to the DFW Pug Rescue, which I have rescued three dogs from (though one passed away last Christmas....) :-(

I think 6 or 7
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Survivor. I'd love to be left on an island or in a forest and participate in challenges. I just don't want all the alliance BS. Or Amazing race with my mom, we'd be quite the entertaining pair.

Sure.

not money, I can barely afford groceries let alone stuff for other people. I volunteer at a place called ArtHaus, which does a lot of art for underpriveledged kids and every year participate in their Streetpaining Festival fundraiser.

More than 5, if the person is single. But I've been called a cat lady because while I only have one, I spoil him completely rotten.
  • Options
    Reality Show? Big Brother. I used to watch it more. It would suck being stuck in a house the entire time but I think I would be able to play it pretty well.

Blowing out candles? Yes

Donating? Yes, I used to donate money to ASPCA, Humane Society of the United Sates and the local shelter. I was forced to go on part-time not too long ago and had to cut back on monthly donations. I donate to the local shelter and these groups at random now. I also save & donate newspapers for the local shelter(they use them). I give blankets, old towels, and other helpful objects they need according to their website.

Cat Lady? 10. I doesn't matter if you are single or not at that point. Really though who cares as long as the cats are well taken care of and happy. :D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? American Idol.  Why? Because I loooove singing/playing/performing and who wouldn't want the life of an instant pop star?  

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try? Yep. I think this was the first year (at 24) that I couldn't get them all out in one try. Oh well, maybe at 23, too, but I was really inebriated so there's a chance I wasn't even near the cake when I tried to blow the candles out.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity? Yes. I love volunteer work and as I mentioned in the money WPBP a few days ago, Heifer International is a fantastic charity that I would give tons and tons of money to if I had it to give.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"? I hope not 2, because that's how many I have. My FI and I were thinking about adopting a 3rd cat, but we're uncomfortable with the idea of the cat to human ratio swaying to the cat side. I mean, what if we had to take a vote?

In reality, I think anywhere in the 5-10 range. That's just too many cats in one place. 
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why?  The Amazing Race.  Because it's awesome.  DH and I sent in an application tape one year, when we weren't actually together.  We didn't get chosen, though :(  

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try?  Usually I can.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity?  I haven't been able to since I got my present job, but I used to volunteer with the Fish and Wildlife Service at a wildilfe refuge.  I did everything from staffing the information desk, to narrating wildife tram tours, checking songbird nest boxes, instructing enviromental workshops, etc.  I loved it so much, and miss it.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"?  Well, I have 7, so...
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why?Man Tracker because it's only two days and I like the idea of the cat and mouse game.
    Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try?Um, I haven't had someone put the corresponding candles to my age on a cake in a very long time.
    Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity?We regularly donate clothes to the psych unit of our county hospital or Goodwill.  And when I was younger and had more time I used to do "River Cleanups" in my hometown.
    How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"?Any more than two.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why? Survivor because I would dominate. Totally not humble about it - I would rule that game. OR Amazing Race because I LOVE adventure. Fi and I need to get our act together and send in an audition tape.

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try? Nope, never. No idea why, I just can't.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity? Yep I do payroll deduction so it just comes out of each paycheck which makes it easy. I donate to an AIDS foundation and World Wildlife Fund. As for time - I work for the American Cancer Society and work A LOT of unpaid overtime so that counts right? I plan on being an ACS volunteer always even if I don't work there anymore.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"? I don't know that the number matters - it's the state of mind.  My friend has 2 which generally wouldn't be "cat lady-ish" but I consider her a cat lady because she's obsessed with them and has more pictures of them on her desk then her bf.

Good questions Stina!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Wipeout. haha.

Yes.

I donate to the United Way every year.  I also donate to the local No-Kill Animal Shelter when I can, and I donate blood.

I'd say maybe more than 5?  I wish I could give every homeless cat a home, but FI cut me off at 2 cats. :)
  • Options
    Amazing Race with my dad. We fight a lot and it would make for great entertainment.

Maybe?  The numbers are getting up there though....

I participate in walks when I can.  I donate to school programs, and give my clothes to Salvation Army.  I like to keep my donations local where I see the most impact.  I used to work for an animal shelter and just want to put out there that if you want to donate, I would do it in the form of food or litter.  If you give monetary donations, the money may not go for things you want it to go to (euthanasia medication)

more than 3.  When I worked for animal control, we had to confiscate 47 cats from a lady.  They had overrun her home and it was horrible.  she would rescue ferral cats and couldn't even go near them in her home.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why?  I'm not sure I'd do reality TV.  I'm actively encouraging DH to try to get on Hell's Kitchen, though.

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try?  It's usually only one or two candles, so yes.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity?  I donate to Child's Play at Christmas, but that's about it.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"?  I think cat lady's more of a frame of mine, but I'd say more than 5.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    Survivor.  For the weightloss, duh.  I just don't know if I could handle the food challenges.  Those always make me want to barf just looking at it on TV, I couldn't imagine being there in person.
    Oh gosh, not sure.  Most definitely in my salad days.
    Yes, I'm a CASA volunteer and I volunteer my time at my son's school as their yearbook advisor.
    My threshold is low, so I'm thinking, 3.
  • Options
    I couldn't do Survivor. I love to watch it but I hate the alliance catiness of it all. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why? Dancing with the Stars because of the great exercise, cute guys, and frilly costumes...I don't know if it would be easier at this point to become a "star" or a professional dancer to get on.

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try? I usually do because I'm a singer, and generally pretty good at supporting and using my air.

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity? Not regularly, but I've donated a bit here and there.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"? Licia, my FI and I had the EXACT same thought when we had 3 cats for a couple months because we were catsitting one.  What if we had to take a vote?  :-)  We have two now, but to answer the question, I think it depends more on the mentality.  If you have 5 cats in a lot of space and love them as pets, ok.  If you have 5 cats in a bitty apartment and treat them like children, it's too much. 
  • Options
    Which reality show would you want to be on? Why?  one of those TV small claims court shows, like People's Court, as the judge.  I could be called Judge Jenn.  Then I'd get to tell people that they're being stupid. 

Have you ever been able to blow out all your candles in one try? This year.  There was a "2" and a "5".

Do you donate (time or money counts) to a charity? ASPCA.  In college I did a lot of river-cleanups, time at retirement centers, and things at the park.

How many cats does it take to become a "cat lady"? When you can't count how many cats you have.  My Nana qualifies.  2 indoor, and she's not sure exactly how many outdoor cats she's feeding.  She's in the country and a lot of dumb people dump their cats out there.  She tries to tame them at least enough to catch them and get them fixed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards