Wedding Party
Options

It's WP Tuesday Night!!

Hi Ladies!!

It's Tuesday Night. How's the week going? 

Welcome newbies!  Throw your questions this way!

Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!!

• Options
    Yay! The week is going fine...now that I know I'm moving in a few months, it is SO much harder to go to my crappy job answering the phone every day. Ugh. How about everyone else?
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is my second to last shift. I had an ingrown toenail last week and had it removed. Now because of it, I can't wear my dance shoes. because of this, I have to just sit at home until my work shifts. Also DH is on business in SF so I am not only out of commission this week, I am alone!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2010
    My fiance is MIA and I *really* am balking at looking for a job (grad school ends this summer...) so I'm trolling around the boards.

So.. umm... hi! :)

EDIT: oh, and I'm nine posts away from bronze status so I'm more than willing to talk!
  • Options
    DH is off to Trivia.

And I had a decent night of sleep last night so I can play!!

I recently started a  routine of having smoothies every morning and along with the Wii fit, I've started to feel like I have a lot more energy.

But now my spaghetti consumption is down which makes me sad.   
  • Options
    I'm in CA visiting DH so I'm happy as a clam this week :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ba139737-e6fd-4b79-ac54-04c53b91486dPost:047a0212-f045-4f58-a5e2-e267b81bea4f">Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance is MIA and I *really* am balking at looking for a job (grad school ends this summer...) so I'm trolling around the boards. So.. umm... hi! :) EDIT: oh, and I'm nine posts away from bronze status so I'm more than willing to talk!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I am so there with you Joy. I am 12 posts away from my gold!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    I was in Disney (Fla.) over the weekend with DH.  We went down in advance of his sales conference there, so we had a great weekend together.  But then I had to come home =(  He's still there until Friday =(    so I'm 100% alone this week. 

That has up sides and down sides. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm 9 away from 1,000...unfortunately that doesn't mean much, lol. Let's just post blank posts to get there! Ha!  :D
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ba139737-e6fd-4b79-ac54-04c53b91486dPost:11f6cb54-0fa3-4b63-844c-dde13b9a1e20">Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!! : I am so there with you Joy. I am 12 posts away from my gold!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Let's talk to each other...  haha.

I've lurked for SO LONG around here that I don't feel like a newb in the slightlest.  I'm tired of the N.
  • Options
    Joy you're  not a newb!

• Options
    Joy you're def not a newb. I have seen those flowers SO many times.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ba139737-e6fd-4b79-ac54-04c53b91486dPost:fcbc6a05-053c-4fdc-a916-d55a67ef67cf">Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy you're  not a newb!
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

::floored:: 

I do like you a lot, Banana.  I think your advice is just so thought out, logical, and lovely.  I'm sure you've heard that before but I wanted to say it again!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ba139737-e6fd-4b79-ac54-04c53b91486dPost:dbea0d22-b7f8-4e82-90d3-252b6894f9fd">Re: It's WP Tuesday Night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy you're def not a newb. I have seen those flowers SO many times.
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

oh yay!  I thought for sure people were always like "ah, that random flower girl again."  You guys seem to all know each other quite well.  I float around too much.

Love your blue shoes.
  • Options
    I'm behind, so I'm just getting ready to start dinner.

I'm excited for Glee to come back tonight.  I've missed it!

Banana, we've just started doing smoothies too!  I love them for breakfast, and can't wait for how awesome they will be in the summers!
  • Options
    oops... fiance found his way home.  I'll have to finish my quest for bronze tomorrow night.

Have a nice night, ladies! :)
  • Options
    I have yet to watch Glee....which I know is odd since it's all about singing and all my friends love it.

Where are all the newbs?!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Aww thanks Joy!!

MyNameIsNot, I started them after I watched Alton Brown on Good Eats discussing how he lost weight and smoothies were part of his daily diet.  Plus, I went to a doctor about six weeks ago to discuss my PCOS and she gave me a bit of a lecture about how I need to have breakfast daily and eat fewer "bad" carbs.  This works out SO well since I don't have to force down some big meal first thing in the morning.

• Options
    Joy-I don't consider you a newb at all. 

And stina-I have to get past the lip-synching on Glee, but it's just such a fun watch.  I mostly just close my eyes and listen when they're singing, because they're SOOOOO good.  I think the show is just delicious.  So I'll be running at 9:00 pm.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Stina, I can't believe you don't watch Glee!  It's such a cute show.  My BFF is a dancer, and she got me into it.  The performing is cool, but it's the "Election-esqe" humor that I'm in love with.  

Banana, that's exactly what I love about them.  I will not take the time to sit and eat breakfast, but 5 minutes in the blender and drinking in the car is doable.  

And I love Alton Brown.  He lives near my parents, and I always want to run into him, but so far, no luck.
  • Options

Who here is a smoker? Just curious!

I do not smoke....

trying to start a convo.

My Planning Bio
  • Options
    MyNameIsNot, I LOVE him!!

I feel like if I knew him we'd be very good friends.
  • Options
    Oh wow, I'm actually around for this!!  I usually forget and end up watching tv with FI lol.

I'm...nowhere near getting rid of my N, but I guess that's what comes of lurking for so long.  I've gotten better about posting, if only because I've gotten worse about procrastinating all of the schoolwork I should be doing right now.

And I do not smoke.  My mom does though.  Whenever I visit home, I have to wash all my clothes whether I wore them or not.  The smell gets in. :-/
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Hey guys! I' here. I just booked our engagemnt photos ( late, I know, but we are using them for our guestbook) and now I am obsessing over trying to find cute dresses for it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I know we had a similar thread a few weeks ago, but not everyone was around for it so I propose we do it again: What word(s) or phrase(s) would you ban from the boards if you could?

If it were me, it would be: tacky, "I'm really traditional so I insist on doing this rude thing for my wedding", "You don't know me!", "I didn't come here to be judged!", and "I asked for advice".
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    NWR at all, but I'm so proud of my friend and I just have to share.  They did a segment tonight on ABC World News (Diane Sawyer) about a new amusement park called "Morgan's Wonderland" that's opening in San Antonio.

It's the first full scale park specifically designed for kids who developmentally delayed, and it's simply amazing.  And my best friend from HS is the GM of it.  He's literally been involved from before the groundbreaking, and in just about a month, it's going to open!

Take a look at it-google Morgan's Wonderland.  It's just so inspiring and I'm so proud of Dave for seeing the founder's vision, and being a huge part of bringing it to fruition.

You'll have tears in your eyes as you look at the pictures of kids actually being able to play on a real playground!  Simply priceless.
  • Options
    Aww Trix that sounds great! 

Mrs.Mims, aside from profanity (and then only when it's directed TO other people) the only things I don't like on the boards are phrases - not actual words.

"I'm traditional so we're doing things X way."

"It's your day.  Do what you want."

"I don't know what they're talking about.  Your BMs should TOTALLY be doing this stuff."
  • Options
    Who's Mrs.Mims?
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Ugh.  I swear that was the SN but it's you brooke.

Stupid Knot glitches!!
  • Options
    banana, do the knot gods have any idea why there are so many glitches?  I mean it's way better than it used to be, but to have this many bugs 3-4 months after launching new knot is odd to me.  Maybe this is how it always goes, I don't know.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Things I hate on the knot: preggers, treating friends like props, "it'y my day!" and "pretty princess!"

On the contrary, I find "You don't know me" extremely amusing. I always read it with Big black girl attitude and the emphasis is "you don't KNOW ME!"
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards