Texas-San Antonio

Brackenridge Park/Japanese Tea Garden

Hi ladies,

My FI and I are looking for places in San Antonio to have our engagement photos taken, and were considering having them at Brackenridge Park and/or the Japanese Tea Garden, do any of you know if either or both locations charge a professional photographer fee?

And do ya'll have any suggustions for other pretty locations?

Thanks!
Amy
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brackenridge Park/Japanese Tea Garden

• edited December 2011
    Since they are open parks, I do not think you would have to pay anything (I've taken pictures OF the Tea Gardens before at night). 

But those two places are beautiful. You should also look at Landa Park in New Braunfels. A LOT of beautiful places.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The parks you mentioned don't charge for photography. The McNay's outdoor area is beautiful, and they just recently started charging for formal photography there, something like $20 I think. I think San Pedro Springs park has some gorgeous areas to take photos in as well :)
  • rammo01rammo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Japanese Tea Garden does not charge a photographer fee.  I was there last month with my niece. She had her sweet 16 taken there.  Just an FYI,  after 11:00 am it was hot, so take your pics early.

P.S. I am not an outdoor person and need to take my engagement photos soon.  Does anyone have suggestions on beautiful indoor places where I can take my photos?
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm late getting back to you, but just an FYI... the tea garden is VERY popular.  I'd take your photos as early as possible on a weekday.  

My FI took me there for a quick date once and it was really quick because it was so crowded.  There were no fewer than 4 girls in white dresses getting photos that day (around noon on a Saturday) and even more quince girls.  

Be aware that since these are public places you can't reserve any areas or kick anyone out of the place you want to be.  My best friend had an EARLY morning wedding at the gazebo at the tea gardens in May 2003 on a Saturday.  There were people walking around and girls coming for photos at the gazebo before the ceremony started.  -- I don't know if she was disappointed that there were "other brides" on her wedding day, but she didn't show if she was.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the advice ladies!
    We've decided to have our engagement photos at both locations, though we're planning on taking the majority at Brackenridge Park(and considering how huge it is, we expect we can find some places that are beautiful and aren't completely crowded with people, or at least that's our hope)
    I'll let ya'll know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited December 2011
    There is a nice tree down behind the rail station.  It's a picnic table area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards