Texas-San Antonio

Need ideas on a slightly embarrassing problem

Ok.........I already have my dress picked out and it is awesome.  The dress has a halter top so a lot of my back is exposed.  The problem is, that I have back acne.  I guess its the climate out here in Texas because I never had this problem when I lived in Georgia.  I sweat so much out here and mostly in the back region.  I of course wash my back daily and have tried using an astrigent to help with excess oil but nothing really seems to help.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

One more thing...I now have light scars from where I picked at the bumps Embarassed I know that I shouldn't have.  Any good scar removing products out there?

Re: Need ideas on a slightly embarrassing problem

• CourtneyJ2010CourtneyJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had the same problem when I picked out my dress, most of it has cleared up in the year since i picked it out thankfully. However my mom suggested tanning to me. Not sure if that is something you want to do but it works for a lot of skin problems.

Another suggestion, a good makeup artist. I had mine cover the few bumps that I had for portraits and intend for them to do the same on the day of.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend going to the dermatologist and get some advice on what you can. As I know how big the wedding is but also consider the rest of your life in Texas. And for the scars, Bio Oil. I have been using it for 3 weeks now on a scar I had and it has gotten dramatically lighter.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I do plan on tanning before the wedding....not heavy tanning but just enough so I don't look like a ghost walking down the aisle...lol.  I have heard of the bio oil but didn't know if it really worked or not but I will try it. Thanks once again!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, would definitely recommend a dermatologist.  If the scars are bad, maybe they can laser them.  And they can definitely prescribe a stronger skin care regimen to help clear up the acne.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!  Sounds like your gown is beautiful.  There are a number of products on the market available without a prescription.  You may want to see a dermatologist there are new medications they can prescribe that are very helpful or consider a licensed esthetician.  There is a special make-up available at only one location here in SA that can be purchased or applied for your special day that covers everything including birth marks or other more serious problems.  It's a heavier type of foundation and works very well.  Let me know if you need further information.  I have a really great esthetician to recommend.

Best wishes!

Rev. Judith
    unforgettablevows.com

• edited December 2011
    one thing that has helped my husband with this problem is a body wash with salicylic acid- Neutrogena sells one.
    Another thing you can try is not conditioning your hair- the conditioner can sometimes clog pores in your skin, and it's hard to rinse off completely from your back.
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent tried them but there are spas that do "back facials."  Facelogic does one http://facelogicspastoneoak.wordpress.com/spa-menu. I've had their facials and other stuff and love them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards