Wedding Party
Options

Pregnant BM stepped down, now what?

My sister informed me last week that she is pregnant, which is AWESOME because she and her DH have been trying for over a year. Unfortunately, she decided to step down from her BM role, as she is due one week after my wedding (this was completely her decision, I would never have asked her to step down just because she's pregnant).

Now I'm just not sure what to do. I know you don't have to have even sides, but I want even sides. I have a friend (who was extremely happy I asked her to be part of our day), and I was thinking of asking her to be a BM now. But she is currently 4.5 months pregnant, so finding a dress that will fit her 3 months post birth may be tricky. And I'm not sure about money, as she will be a single mom. I do not want her to feel obligated to say yes if she can't afford it or does not want to.

To make it more complicated, since my sister is only 5 weeks along, she doesn't want a ton of people to know. That makes it tricky for asking someone else. I can't wait til my sister is further along because my BMs need to order their dresses in the next few weeks. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Lastly, this sister is dear to me, and I'd like her to still be involved in my wedding somehow. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards