Wedding Party

Personal Attendant questions

I was just asked to be the personal attendant for my brother-in-laws wedding.  I didn't have a PA at my wedding and no one has given me an idea of what I need to do.

What are some of the duties of the PA beyond being bitch for the bride?

Re: Personal Attendant questions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_personal-attendant-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cb758b60-69c5-43c4-802f-b60f0aa35407Post:001709f0-43f1-46a9-86a5-ab8433672668">Personal Attendant questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are some of the duties of the PA beyond being bitch for the bride?
    Posted by Lil_wen[/QUOTE]

I think that about sums it up.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_personal-attendant-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:cb758b60-69c5-43c4-802f-b60f0aa35407Post:001709f0-43f1-46a9-86a5-ab8433672668">Personal Attendant questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just asked to be the personal attendant for my brother-in-laws wedding.  I didn't have a PA at my wedding and no one has given me an idea of what I need to do. <strong>What are some of the duties of the PA beyond being bitch for the bride?
    </strong>Posted by Lil_wen[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it. I'm sure if the bride is high maintenance enough to request a PA, she'll have no problem coming up with a laundry list of duties for you.

ETA: I didn't have a PA. I'd never even <strong>heard</strong> of PA's until I joined the Knot. I think it's a pretty d!ck thing to ask somebody to be one.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • LOL! I have been advised to get a PA but I've struggled to come up with the right person- plus all my BMs have offered to help but I just don't need so much help. Perhaps you guys are right- PA is a bit of a high-maintanence job, and we just don't need that. Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_personal-attendant-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cb758b60-69c5-43c4-802f-b60f0aa35407Post:87fd001b-ac18-4b0d-9419-2504ff00a141">Re: Personal Attendant questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]::paging AATB:: AATB had one and loved it.  But in her situation, the PA was going into wedding planning (or something) and really wanted to do it; as in, I think she offered.  Some of the things the PA did for her included helping her bussel her dress, making sure her train was straight before walking down the aisle, getting food/snacks for her and the BM's, helping her mom getting her tied into the dress, etc. ETA: damn it, jinx!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

GET OUTTA MAH BRAINS.
    panther
  • Ugh.  This is an "honor" I'd be declining.

Bride's bitch pretty much sums it up.  
  • I really don't get the point of one unless, like PP's said, they want to get in the wedding industry or just have an overwhelming desire to do this anyways.

If you don't want to do it, I'd politely decline and just say something like, "I would just be honored to be a guest and enjoy your wedding."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_personal-attendant-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cb758b60-69c5-43c4-802f-b60f0aa35407Post:001709f0-43f1-46a9-86a5-ab8433672668">Personal Attendant questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just asked to be the personal attendant for my brother-in-laws wedding.  I didn't have a PA at my wedding and no one has given me an idea of what I need to do. What are some of the duties of the PA beyond being bitch for the bride?
    Just say no!  There is nothing beyond being the bride's biitch, and I wouldn't want to do it, unless they were willing to pay me the going rate for a DOC.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
    [QUOTE]I was just asked to be the personal attendant for my brother-in-laws wedding.  I didn't have a PA at my wedding and no one has given me an idea of what I need to do. <strong>What are some of the duties of the PA beyond being bitch for the bride?</strong>

I believe that the bolded sentence is exactly the definition found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.  I'd politely decline this "honor".  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • That's exactly what a PA is.  I would decline.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I asked a good friend to be a PA. the situation- I asked my bridesmaids- best friend from hs, sister-in-law, and best friend from college- right away after getting engaged over a year ago.  The girl I asked to be my PA is my fiance's younger bro's girlfriend, and we've gotten really close in the last year.  I wanted her to be a part of the wedding, there with the rest of us girls, but couldn't add a 4th bridesmaid with no 4th guy so thought this was the best way to do that.  This way, she isn't left out since her bf is in the wedding party too.  I'm not high maintenance and not going to make her do awful things, but bridesmaids have to help out too so to me it was a way to make her part of the group.  Hopefully she wasn't insulted or thinks I'm a biatch!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards