Wedding Party
Options

Field Trip!

I seriously need to know if "How can we get our guests to give us cash without having to dance with them?"  is going to be the new question everybody asks.

If if is, I really might just have to GBCK for good.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_dollar-dance-alternative

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar

Re: Field Trip!

• Options
    butting in: What does GBCK mean? Thanks.
  • Options
    Good Bye Cruel Knot
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I gave my two cents.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    What is it about weddings that turns people into such money-grubbing monsters?

Between all the dollar dance alternative questions, brides throwing hissy fits over $7, and not wanting to feed your guests, I'm just about ready to lose my faith in humankind.
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    lala, it makes we want to GBCK.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_field-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ce72718a-cf71-4247-b3e0-df610d2f82f3Post:5b2612b1-74bc-4fd6-8063-a247ed6ecee4">Re: Field Trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lord Almighty!  Between that and the new influx of 6page plus posts arguing that cash bars are not only okay but a cultural thing, I may be packin up with ya.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Apparently all the regs from Snarky brides took up residence in the Carribean on The Nest. Stage, maybe we need to just find a new home over there.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    But, Stina, someone has to stand against all the crazy.

I try to remember that every now and then we get a poster who actually hears us when we say "that's rude."  And if we all take off because of the crazy people, those people will only get those responses that say "Hey it's your day!!!! Do whatever you want, you special unique snowflake!!!!!!"
  • Options
    That SOMEONE will be someone other than me, I fear. There are days that I love it here and days that I want to throw the computer.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Today is one of the latter days, isn't it?
  • Options
    Another one?  Between the one here and the 2 on E, I don't know that I can stand the stupidity.

::sulks off to go check::
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I still have fun sometimes. But I've been noticing my patience getting thinner and thinner ... and I'll get home from work and see all of these "waaaaa" posts, and I just feel like "Why bother? It's 20 posts in, and OP still thinks we're the rude people, clearly, she's not going to learn".

• Options
    Just gotta say, I'm new to the site and uhm.... If I'm saying or thinking something stupid and/or rude for my wedding, I wanna know. Thanks for being honest.
  • Options
    Oh, thanks. That has really been bothering me.
  • Options
    I'm not even married yet, but I want to shake some of the idiots that come on here.

I mean, I am managing to feed all of my guests, not try to invite random people to any shower that might be thrown for me, not kick people out of my wedding, and not ask for money on my invitatoin or through a dollar dance. If I can respect what is an isn't proper, so can you, and I really don't want to hear why you are special.

Newsflash, you aren't. You are just another idiot with a sense of entitlement.

okay, rant over.

But, I do love talking to the sane people on here!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Damn, looks like I missed a hell of a day! Good Friday's a holiday here, thank you, Catholic country. Off to catch up on all the drama. And please, regs who I love, no GBCKing!
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    But...if you guys leave, who will I learn from?

Sigh.
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_field-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ce72718a-cf71-4247-b3e0-df610d2f82f3Post:cf6c03b7-370f-4a80-b92c-50a154fb783b">Re: Field Trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to read another one, there's a girl on the gifts board that honestly doesn't understand why it would be tacky to register for cash.   I honestly wonder if these people were raised in a barn.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

I ran it by FI, he says we can't move up the date...something to do with deposits and such.

Stina, we COULD meet in the hood and talk weddings!

...and how do you "register for cash"? Is that with Target or BB&B?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards