Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Do you have a guest room in your house?

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house?

What is the best part about having company over?

What is the worst part about having company over?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house? Not anymore -- we did at our old place, but we downsized for this year.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? Maybe 2 or 3, depending on who it is.

What is the best part about having company over? When friends come to town, we usually wind up having a huge house party with everyone coming over.

What is the worst part about having company over? Cleaning up the mess afterwards.  Also feeling like you have to entertain 24/7

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Nope

Me getting to cook.  I like cooking for more than 2 people.

Having to entertain.  I'm not big on entertaining people.  I like my quiet time.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes, but it's also our "crap we don't have space for" room, so it's kind of crowded.

Depends on the guest, but usually I want them out after 3 days or so. I like my privacy.

Spending time with people we don't get to see very often.

Losing my personal space. As in, I can't lounge around in sheer clothes, leave messes overnight, make noise in the morning if they're still sleeping, make a move on DH as we're watching TV in the living room....
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house?  Yes'm.  I'm odd and think that we should always always always have a guest room in our home.  My parents always did so I guess that's where I get it from.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? Four days - after that, I'm seriously considering putting your luggage in the hallway.

What is the best part about having company over? Fun conversations, variety of activities

What is the worst part about having company over? My normal schedule is totally screwed.
  • Options
    Guest Room? yes, but it also doubles as my FI's army room. He has all his equipment stored in the closet.

How many days? 2 maybe 3

Best thing about company over? Being able to catch up

Worst thing about company over? I can't be myself; I feel like I have to be completely fake and it is exhausting.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house? Yes but unfortunately we only have room for a single bed in there.  If we have a couple stay over we have a BYOB we set up.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? Depends on who it is but usually about 4 days.

What is the best part about having company over? Getting to spend time with them and strengthening our bond.

What is the worst part about having company over? Cleaning up, finding interesting activities to do in my small town.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do you have a guest room in your house?   We have 2 spare bedrooms, although only one is set up as our guest room and one is our office / future nursery.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house?  3 would be my max.

What is the best part about having company over?  Feeling we're able to be good hosts and show people a good time.

What is the worst part about having company over?  Feeling like you have to be "on" with the entertaining...and feeling like I can't fully relax in my own home.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house?  We actually have two.  One doubles as the computer room and the other is the "book room"  where FI has all of his books just laying around because we only have one bookcase. :)

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? We haven't actually had any house guests yet, but we will soon.  One of FI's groomsmen is from Texas, and he will be staying with us for a week after the wedding.

What is the best part about having company over? Cooking breakfast, probably.  I love making breakfast.

What is the worst part about having company over? I'm assuming it will mess up my normal schedule.
  • Options
    We do, but it is our junk room right now.  We are in the process of fixing it up.
    2 nights is the longest anyone has stayed so far and that hasn't been too bad.

It's nice to have people visit and to have them in your home. 

I haven't had company stay for too long, so nothing really so far. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house? Ha. I don't even have a house! But, in my apartment, I don't have a guest room. I have a built-in porch (windows, fireplace, but not a central heating/cooling source) that has a little day bed/window seat but that's as close to guest room as I get. 

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? Three. One day to appreciate them, one day to have their presence upset your normal but still be happy that they're there, and then one day to bid them adieu without them wearing out their welcome.

What is the best part about having company over? Having lots of people to cook for and enjoy conversation with during dinner.

What is the worst part about having company over? That it upsets the "norm". I enjoy having company, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to go back to the usual after a visit.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house?:  Yes

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house?: 2-3

What is the best part about having company over?: Entertaining

What is the worst part about having company over?: Not being able to do what we want.
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house? yes and no.  I moved into FI's place last summer.  What was once the guest room is now my room. 

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house?  my mom was here a week and a half in January.  The only reason I was able to deal with that was because I was in the hospital for half a week, and then the other week she was taking care of me.  She's the only person who has stayed here since I've moved in.

What is the best part about having company over?  Before I moved in w/FI, I liked having company so I wasn't alone! 

What is the worst part about having company over?  I can't leave dishes all over the place, and I have to share a bathroom.
  • Options
    Yes.

Probably about 2 weeks.

Depending on who it is, the added life to our home.

The lack of privacy and feeling the need to entertain company.
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house?Yes, which doubles as Aaron's office.
    How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? My mom always said that company and fish start to stink after 3 days. I try not to let anyone stay past that.
    What is the best part about having company over? Talking, entertaining, catching up.
    What is the worst part about having company over? Having to talk to someone when you're still waking up, not being able to do stuff with doors open, like getting dressed. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Do you have a guest room in your house?  I wish.  We're in a one bedroom apartment right now.  Ideally I want at LEAST four bedrooms: one for us, a guest room, an office, and a studio.  I'm hoping to be able to move into a two bedroom place once our lease is up.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house?  We haven't really had guests more than overnight, due to the lack of space.

What is the best part about having company over?  Getting to cook for people, bringing some energy into the place.  Also, it forces us to tidy up.

What is the worst part about having company over?  Not being able to walk around naked.  We only put on clothes if we have to.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Do you have a guest room in your house? Yes, but it's basically a storage place for all my stuff that couldn't fit in normal places after we moved in together.

How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? We've never had anyone stay for more than a night because we live in a bitty apartment, but I'd imagine 2 or 3.

What is the best part about having company over? Getting to do things out of the normal routine, making yummy food, drinking lots of wine

What is the worst part about having company over? Having to do things out of the normal routine--I'd love it for a day or two, and then just want to go back to lounging around in my pjs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-155?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:cff9a219-42b0-4388-bfb9-5c3200707ed7Post:bf2fab6e-be93-4226-a4c6-30bb52e7bd2e">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the worst part about having company over?  <strong>Having to talk to someone when you're still waking up</strong>, not being able to do stuff with doors open, like getting dressed. 
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

This is not required.  When we go to the beach, we stay with a family friend.  No one gets more than a "g'morning".  If someone is in a talkative mood, maybe a "how'd you sleep?"  No more talking until everyone has read the newspapers.

Once we were there when another couple was staying there too.  The wife had to be entertained constantly and kept talking in the morning.  uggh, she didn't get the hint when our responses were "uh huh" to everything.
  • Options
    jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Do you have a guest room in your house? nope...small house...guests sleep on the couch haha
    How many days can you usually handle a guest staying at your house? a few days...I had a friend who stayed with us for weeks and months at a time and wound up taking advantage of us and our hospitality...so we don't have company for more than a few days...my cousin is actually here from last night until Wednesday :) We're going to see Eclipse at midnight tomorrow!
    What is the best part about having company over? the company? Seriously...the company of someone taller than 4 feet is always welcome during my day that's generally spent alone with my kids...
    What is the worst part about having company over? feeling like I have to constantly entertain them...and not being able to have "alone time" with FI...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards