Wedding Party
Options

HELP!!! what colors are good with a September wedding?

I need help with colors, I was thinking blue but everytime I click on fall I get the oranges and yellows.....I look horrible in these colors...help!!

Re: HELP!!! what colors are good with a September wedding?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-i-am-not-telling-my-mom-about-the-vow-renewal-until-the-invites-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d0ac6a69-3703-43e5-9778-07b45fd22aa0Post:263f6e1d-ae9d-416a-8551-c84ffa92e490">HELP!!! what colors are good with a September wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need help with colors, I was thinking blue but everytime I click on fall I get the oranges and yellows.....I look horrible in these colors...help!!
    Posted by JROlliff[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm getting married September 29th and choose navy blue with bright pink accents. I think anything would be fine as long as you avoided total pastels.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got married in September and went with red and gold.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Do not choose colors just because they are "fall colors".  If you like blue, go with it but I do agree with not doing pastels.  They are more for spring and summer.
  • Options
    Our wedding was in September and we used white & greens
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Question:  What colors are good for a September wedding?

Answer:  Any colors that you want.  Don't worry about the season, just pick colors that you and your FI like.

• Options
    Mine is in September and your colors are light brown and light yellow. Choose whatever makes you happy.
  • Options
    Mine are plum and silver
  • Options
    I honestly think it's kind of boring to stick to the standard seasonal colors.  Go with whatever colors you like.  Bright jewel tones would look awesome in fall.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My wedding will be on September 1, and I'm having a bright blue, some call it royal blue, but also because it's a beach theme.
  • Options
    My wedding is Sept. 8, our colors are Green, Pink and Purple.  BM dresses are Green with whith sashes and will be carrying pink and purple flowers
  • Options
    I was married on Sept 16th and our colors were teal & tangerine with white & khaki accents :)

• Options
    I also had a September wedding and used green and yellow (I woul dhave used green adn blue, but H dislikes that EVERYTHING in my life is green and blue...)
  • Options
    Well.....I guess I am in the wrong. We are getting married September 29th and going with Champagne, Dusty Pink and Cream (a vintage garden feel) I liek the contrast of the lighter colors against the seasonal tendencies. I think go with whatever colors make you happy. And if you keep seeing yellows, try the blue you like with yellow. I was just at a yellow and navy wedding and it was beautiful. I would worry more with matching the setting you are in (the reception / ceremony location) than any seasonal colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm getting married September 15th, and we're doing shades of purple with silver accents. But just go with whatever you want! I agree with PP that September is a transition month so you can really choose anything!

• Options
    thanks you guys for all the comments it is my vow renewal, my original wedding colors were pink and silver, so I don't think I went with the norm there, so I guess I just needed to here from people who are not my friends who think the have to tell me what I want to hear!!  I am getting some great ideas on color combos from you guys!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards