Wedding Party

navy vests with black tux?

Hey all,
Wanted some advice.  My FH wants to wear a black tux with a navy vest, I am not sure what I think about it.  Any ideas?  He also wants the Best Man, my brother and father to have the same color he does for vest unlike my original idea of my FH in Ivory vest.  My bridesmaid dresses are also navy and the flowers are yellow and white for them. 

Re: navy vests with black tux?

• I think that as long as the navy isnt too dark, it could work. Also if the vest had a texture to it, that would help it stand out as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think the navy would work fine.  Does your groom not want to stand out from everyone else wearing a tux?  Usually the groom will be separated in some way from the remainder of the WP and fathers.

I also agree with PP, that a textured vest will stand out from the black.
  • yeah that was the original plan.  He will have a different color boutiner so that will be different he just wanted to wear the colored vest.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_navy-vests-with-black-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d5842322-0f99-43de-80fa-f7a29069daecPost:7f875f8a-ec86-4537-a725-0da5f2ef506e">Re: navy vests with black tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the navy would work fine.  Does your groom not want to stand out from everyone else wearing a tux?  Usually the groom will be separated in some way from the remainder of the WP and fathers. I also agree with PP, that a textured vest will stand out from the black.
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]
  • As long as it's truly navy and not almost black, it's fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our GM wore navy vests with black tuxes.  My H wore a silver vest because he wanted to be different.

Either way, the navy and black worked well together.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards