Texas-San Antonio
Options

Steer clear of Photography Shoppe/DJ Shoppe!!

Wanted to share this note about the Photography Shoppe/DJ Shoppe-

We booked them at the Bridal Extravaganza last week because their prices were excellent and their pictures were nice; also, they threw in an 11x14" picture book for signing both a photography and DJ package.

That night, I got a voicemail from the company, saying that they had offered me TOO GOOD of a deal and they would not be able to honor the deal. This is AFTER SIGNING A CONTRACT!!!! Speaking to the owner of the company, he said that I could either accept a smaller photo book or they would invoke their 3-day right to cancel the contract.

After much debate on the subject, he called me to say that he COULD honor the contract, but that the sales lady would have to give up her commission on the deal. It was my decision. What kind of decision is that??? I get to choose between getting the package I was promised but keeping the salesgirl from getting her money, or accept a crappier deal than what I signed up for! What sort of business requires their clients to make weird ethical decisions because the company is unwilling to honor a contract??

Needless to say, we cancelled our contract after realizing that no good could come out of dealing with these people! Suggest you do the same!!
Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001

Re: Steer clear of Photography Shoppe/DJ Shoppe!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should contact the bridal show and report them. They would not be allowed to come back since they don't honor the deals at the show, and are ripping off clients.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent the bridal show a letter and put a review online. Thanks for the advice :)
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • Options
    brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you find someone else? I'm also looking. I attended the bridal show and found it a little overwhleming :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! :)

We booked Holly Starcich Photography - she is so great and put us right at ease! We are looking forward to our engagement session.

She in turn recommended Gobo Entertainment, and we booked their DJ services. They are both very affordable - Gobo gave us $100 off because we don't want a light show (we thought it would clash with our hill country theme).

We are soooooo much more at ease now! Definitely worth taking the time to find vendors you can trust, just for the sake of some peace of mind!!

Good luck :)
  • Options
    jessicanorenejessicanorene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI, ladies...The Bridal Extravaganza doesn't keep vendors out of a show because of things like this....they have no grounds to, legally. The people who run the show are a completely separate company, and have absolutely no connection or influence on how any vendor runs their business.
    We vendors pay to advertise with the magazine and to rent a booth space, and the Wedding Guide/Bridal Extravaganza has no control over how any vendor conducts their business.
    If you have a complaint with a company, go to them directly first, and if it cannot be resolved, you can make a report with the Better Business Bureau.
    Although I am not affiliated with the Photography Shoppe (I own a separate photography business), I am sorry you experienced such an awful, unprofessional incident. I just wanted to make sure you understood that the trade shows simply provide a place for wedding vendors to rent space to sell our services, so reporting a vendor to them won't make any difference.
    Again, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I wish you luck with your new photographer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards