Wedding Party

Ringbearer Gift?

Any ideas on what to get our 2 1/2 year old nephew ringbearer?  I know etiquette says to shop like it's the person's birthday, but what about at 2 1/2?  I like the idea of getting something that lasts (not a plastic toy), but what???
White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 9th

Re: Ringbearer Gift?

• His mother is my sister/MoH.  I do see him at least weekly, so am pretty on top of his interests (play kitchens, Mickey Mouse, and anything with wheels).  Is it cheesy to buy a toy?  I'm not a big build-a-bear fan, but maybe he would enjoy the experience?
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    No, it's not cheesy to buy a toy. Kids like toys. It would be cheesy to buy him a "keepsake."  We gave ours a Lego set and a stuffed animal. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It won't be "cheesy" to buy a toy or something he would like, period.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ringbearer-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d6f22bc6-93fc-409e-8dd0-ded80a8b9918Post:c3ba3c40-0554-40e4-bc58-31fddd48ce03">Re: Ringbearer Gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]His mother is my sister/MoH.  I do see him at least weekly, so am pretty on top of his interests (play kitchens, Mickey Mouse, and anything with wheels).  Is it cheesy to buy a toy?  I'm not a big build-a-bear fan, but maybe he would enjoy the experience?
    Posted by julibug86[/QUOTE]
    I think he might love to go with his aunt to create a teddy bear. If you're not into doing that with him, maybe take him to the bookstore and let him pick out a Thomas the Train book or something?
    Toys aren't cheesy if it's something you think he would like. He's only 2, so a keepsake isn't going to thrill him, but having a good time will, especially if it involves a present lol.
  • My RB just turned three.  We got him a set of two hot wheels trucks (he LOVES cars and trucks of any kind).
  • In Response to Re:Ringbearer Gift?:[QUOTE]Any ideas on what to get our 2 1/2 year old nephew ringbearer?nbsp; I know etiquette says to shop like it's the person's birthday, but what about at 2 1/2?nbsp; I like the idea of getting something that lasts not a plastic toy, but what??? Posted by julibug86[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Two year olds change fast and you want to get him something that won't be thrown to the side next week. In this situation I'd split my budget and get him a toy he'd enjoy right now and hand mom something more keepsakey or even money for his savings account.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards