Wedding Party
Options

BM Hair

Just reading the previous post, I was wondering if I could get some help on how to deal with this.

I'm getting my hair done for the wedding (Obviously.) I'm not requiring nor am I even suggesting my girls get their hair done. I plan to let them do whatever it is they want to do. That being said, I know my MOH and at least one of my other BM's said they definitely want to get their hair done.

I was planning on booking my appointment and letting my girls know when and where so if they are interested to let me know and I can add them to the appointment. How do I do this without pressuring them into it, or without someone feeling left out.

i.e. I know my sister can't afford to get her hair done. And Up Do's are STUPID expensive. Besides she has beautifull curly hair, she could probably just leave it and it would look great. How do I make sure she doesn't feel obligated to make a hair appointment if everyone else is getting their hair done? On the flipside, how to I prevent her feeling left out if everyone else gets their hair done and she does not?

~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BM Hair

• Options
    bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    Instead of group FB message or email or something, can you ask everyone separately? They don't have to know what everyone else is doing.

ETA: Are you going to a salon, or is someone coming to you? If the stylist is coming to you, it won't be as big of a deal since she can be present while doing her own thing. If you are going to a salon, maybe she could have her nails done or something less expensive. With these two options, she is still hanging out with everyone but doesn't have to shell out for a full updo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

When you're in a group, via FB or txt message or individually - "Hey I am making an appt to get my hair done X salon. Let me know if you're interesting in getting your hair done let me know so I can book the right amount of slots."

I don't think anyone will feel obligated if you word it the right way.

As far as your sister, is it in your budget to pay for her hair? My sister and I are super close and I know if I knew she couldn't afford it I would just pay for it on the sly and not tell the other girls.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-hair-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d85251df-df49-48ae-993f-f587e175ac42Post:fab3ec1a-a142-4e68-ba04-be1f96e8dcb8">Re:BM Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually think a group email would be LESS pressure than an individual one because I wouldn't feel as "on the spot" as being asked directly and privately. Just say "I'm getting my hair done at X. If you want to have yours done too, the cost is Y. Please let me know if you want a slot so I can book the appointments by Z date."
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Good call Stage Manager. A group email is probably best and including the approximate cost would be a good way to make them aware of the expense.

Thanks!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards