Wedding Party
Options

RSVPs

So my deadline is Friday for RSVPs. We sent out our RSVPs at the eight week mark and now 4 days before the deadline we have only received 50% of them back. Most of that 50% came back early on too.  That leaves 100 guests that haven't said a word. Ugh I just don't want to have to call that many people!

Did that happen to anyone else?
Anniversary

Re: RSVPs

• Options
    Yes, we had a lot of no responses. Some people are just forgetful. Even our best friends forgot. Just send out an email a week later.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Bummer!  I was pretty lucky.  I probably only had about 15-20 people that hadn't responded.
  • Options

You still have a few days before the deadline, I know alot of people who send out the RSVP on the date that it's due so maybe you got some people like that.

• Options
    I had dinner choices on the cards so even if they told me by word of mouth that they were coming, they still needed to turn in the card. Even my bms and readers didn't send them in.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Well email will be my friend! Hopefully everyone will get back to me and things will go smoothly!

On another note: my boss just emailed me to say that any time I need to take before the wedding is paid...and doesn't come out of my vacation time. The honeymoon is also the same way! I just got an extra week of paid vacation - YAY!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's awesome that your boss is giving you extra vacation time!  I'm going to have to try to swing some myself in December for my honeymoon!
  • Options
    We got pretty lucky with the RSVP's... in the last week they were due we were only waiting on about 30 people (15 responses).  I think by that Friday due date, we only had about 4 responses unreceived.  We waited until Monday and got 2 of them in the mail.  Only had to call 2 couples and get their response!
  • Options
    I would have your parents and FI's parents help by calling whoever from their respective lists didn't respond.  That way it's not all on your shoulders!
  • Options
    I don't think any of DH's immediate family RSVPed.  We knew that they were coming, but our online RSVP form covered the whole weekend, not just the reception, and we needed numbers for the other meals.  Thankfully, or RSVP deadline was right before Easter, so when we went over for Easter dinner, I was able to ask everyone their travel plans so I knew who would be around for what.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards