Wedding Party

13 year old boy wedding role?

My 16 year old cousin is a bridesmaid and her 12 year old brother is feeling left out. He will be 13 at the time of the wedding.

Over the weekend when he voiced his feelings to me personally I felt awful for not including him somehow. He suggested being a ring barer and I am more than on board if that's what he wants. However after talking some more he is worried it is a little kid role. FI and I do not want jr. groomsmen and bridesmaids so that is out. On the bright side if he backed out and felt to old to do it a ring barer isn't so vital it will interrupt the ceremony.

Is there anything else you ladies can think of to have him do? I want him to be included if he wants to be.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 13 year old boy wedding role?

• You could have him do a reading, or be an usher.  I can see a 13 year old feeling very responsible and important with those kinds of roles.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• My 13 year old cousin was an usher and walked my mom in before the ceremony. He did very well.
  • He might like being an usher. He can show people to their seats or hand out programs. As pp said, kids tend to like those silly jobs.
  • He could usher your VIP guests - parents/grandparents.
  • At 12 he is old enough to be a regular groomsman and lose the "jr" title.  On the other hand, if you think he looks too little, I am sure he could do a reading.  Or hand out church programs
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Maybe he could be the 'ring presenter' and not carry the dumb pillow.  And stand up with the guys and feel important to hand over the rings? I think as long as he is involved he will feel appreciated.
  • My two nephews (15 and 13) are both serving as ushers for us!  I think its the perfect role for that age.  
  • My FI's nephews will be 7 and 12 for the wedding.  The 7 year old will be the ring bearer and the 12 year old will be a groomsman (or jr., whatever).   At the reception, the two boys and their 4 year old sister (flower girl) will all walk in together. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards