Wedding Party
Options

WP Tuesday

How is everyone?!

I need to mention that Annie did re-post the rules today.  I love all you regs but please do your best to remember them when you post.  Honesty is great.  But please do your best to do it in a way that doesn't creat too much havoc.

Of course there will be the trolls and MUD. 

So any updates from people??

Re: WP Tuesday

• Options
    Due date is a month from Thurs!

And DH and I are doing what we can to take the house! 

So if you know of anyone wanting to move to CT, please send 'em my way.  The condo's still on the market. 
  • Options
    Oh yeah, how could I forget.  DH, a San Francisco native, is sleeping already.  He was celebrating for quite a while last night after the Giant's won the World Series.  He was too nervous to watch any of the games.  My parents called in the 7th inning yelling at him to turn on the TV.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    He's such a big fan that he couldn't watch?

I watched and *my* team lost the ALCS!....and I'm all huge and pregnant.

See?!

• Options
    Wooooo, banana!

So...why did Knot Annie repost the rules? Was it just a general reminder or a result of something?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm not sure why they were reposted.  But when they are, it's important to be aware of them - and just think a wee bit before responding.
  • Options
    Egads Banana you're huge!  (In a good way!)

I didn't think it had gotten too bad on this board, but that's just me.  My concern is that beebees will hit "report" at responses that they don't like but are objectively fine and that otherwise non-combative posters/regs will be banned.  But I suppose that sort of thing would have happened by now if it was a real threat.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    She reposted the rules on E also, but I think it was justified over there.  I was wondering what happened that I missed on these boards.

@Banana - yeah.  The giants have broken his heart too often for him to watch.  I can't say I blame him though.  Last year during the UC Bearcat's final Big East conference game against Pitt, I could only watch long enough to get a score check. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I'll keep that in mind. Though I just launched off at someone on SB on how I didn't think they were nice.

It's quiet here. What is everyone's Thanksgiving/Christmas plans?

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-tuesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:df3e0904-9736-49c3-bb40-99223cbea567Post:c2852c77-3584-4660-b85f-c4acf3755ccf">Re: WP Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, you look so good banana. I hope things work out for you and you guys get settled in time for the baby. Nothing much new here. H and I are moving to a new apt this weekend, which I am dreading bc I just don't like moving. And we may be moving again in about 9 months. I am hoping it is back home to Ohio. We were watching the election coverage and I am about ready to head to bed. H is working 3rd shift tomorrow due to some crap going on at work, which means he will be sleeping when I get up in the am for work :(
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Missy Sue - where is home in Ohio for you?  I was raised in Cincinnati, lived in Cleveland for ten years and traveled everywhere in between for work.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, brooke, I want Thai food for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving, we're hosting my parents in our new apartment (squee!). I want to buy a Keurig for the new place and FI won't let me (understandably we need to save money), but I want one for the holidays baaaaddly.

Christmas, we'll just be visiting parents. Luckily our parents live in the same part of Virginia.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Stina...how does that photo of yours work? It looks so cool...

Photobucket
  • Options
    Quiet here as well.  I brought the laptop to bed so I could catch up on my other stuff but still snuggle up with DH.  I really need to be getting to sleep soon, but I'm waiting for my sleepy pills to kick in.

For Thanksgiving, we're more than likely going to FIL's house.  It's usually either his place or DH's uncle (the one who married us) in Simi Valley, and we haven't heard from him yet.  DH wants to roast a duck as our contribution to the table.  I am wholeheartedly in support of this plan.

Christmas, I don't know.  My sisters are coming out here the week of the 10th.  Tron opens the 17th, and I wanted to take them for a midnight showing at the El Capitan because 1) it's an amazing theater, 2) they've never been there, and 3) the movie looks so ridiculously awesome I nearly peed myself watching the newest trailer, but no, those bitches have early flights the next day and my sister will have her baby along and they're RUINING MY FUN DAMMIT.  Ahem.  But for Christmas itself, no plans yet.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-tuesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:df3e0904-9736-49c3-bb40-99223cbea567Post:20888208-9e06-4c37-bbcb-c84c8fe0afe3">Re: WP Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WP Tuesday : I'm no photographer, but I think it's done with a slow shutter. We just stood still for about a minute in Grand Central Station at rush hour and everyone around us kept moving.  I love it!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

So you were actually IN the station? That's awesome. I wasn't sure if you guys were placed in it or if you were actually standing there. In that case, I think you're right about the slow shutter.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, we did a trash the dress session in nyc! 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I remember you talking about that now. Did you get a lot of looks? I would love to do cool shots like that, but I would be so self-conscious the entire time.

Photobucket
  • Options
    It was great. Everyone was telling us congratulations and there were lots of tourists taking my picture....super random. But we got photos on the Brooklyn Bridge, by some graffiti, eating hot dogs, in the subway...
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards