Wedding Party
Options

Destination Expenses

I'm having a destination wedding. Who pays for the flight and/or the hotel? Myself or my girls?
~*~LEX~*~

Re: Destination Expenses

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2010
    The girls.

If you can pay for some or all of their trip, well then that is spectacular, but in no way required.

EDIT: oh, and you really are having a destination wedding!  Enjoy the Bahamas!  I hate when people call a wedding somewhere normal a "destination wedding"  because people need hotel rooms/travel.  No.  Destination implies vacation, fun in the sun, real time off work, not just a hotel room on a Saturday night and a long drive.  The latter there is called a normal wedding.  And yes, I freely admit that this just my opinion.  :-)
  • Options
    Joy's right, they pay just as they would pay to get to your wedding if it were in your hometown and they were OOT. If they absolutely can't pay, and you have room in your budget, nothing's stopping you from helping out - that would be very generous. And of course it's free to you to offer to help them find cheaper/more convenient flights, deals on hotels, etc, so that's something you can do to help make it easier for them.
  • Options
    They pay, though if you can kick in to help with their expenses, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    They pay but you should do your best to help keep travel expenses as low as possible.  Working with an agent can help.
  • Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    They do, but I would do whatever you can to make it cost-effective for them.

Be prepared for a lot of people (not just the WP) to not be able to come.  A friend of mine had a DW this summer and less than half her guest list attended, many of whom would have had she gotten married where she or her family lived.  She had the location of her dreams, but very few people to share it with her.  I don't know if she would have made the same decision if she knew then what she knows now.  Just something to think about.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    My girls are paying for themselves.  But I am trying to keep an eye out on good travel deals.  And I made sure that everyone was planning on coming in the first place before I asked them. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards