Wedding Party

Re: dress

• Options
    Finances can change overnight.  She may have been all set to buy the dress and then her car broke down, or her roof leaked, or any number of other things. It happens every day; dont' assume that she was lying about her finances.

Stop micromanaging them.  They can find the dresses online, or used, or find something very similar somewhere else.  Plus, shops lie all the time about dresses being discontinued.  They told me my wedding dress was about to be discontinued when I bought it; guess what wedding dress I saw brides trying on six months later when we came in to shop for BM dresses?  So take all of that with a grain of salt.  They are trying to sell you something and you are swallowing the bait hook, line, and sinker.

Bottom line: Leave everyone alone.  They are adults; trust them.  This is none of your concern as long as they have a dress by the wedding, so it shouldn't matter to you when it happens.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    If they order later, pick out another dress in a cordinating color. Only two of the BMs are currently matching, so if the others pick different dresses it will just look like evry girl got to pick her own and those two happened to like the same one.
  • Options
    It wasn't clear from your OP so that's why I asked.  I do think you've done everything you can to be considerate.  It can be hard for someone to tell a bride that the dress for her wedding costs too much--you don't want to be the party pooper.

Like I said, unless the shop can give you a specific date that the dress is being discontinued, I'd be skeptical about whether they're actually getting discontinued.

If it's a money thing, and you want those particular dresses, would you be able/willing to help them with the cost?  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-dress-issue-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e3a777e0-8f96-416f-b030-562a2d7ee945Post:a749885e-b5a2-43dd-8963-8d7bd2e7c5ac">Re: bridesmaid dress issue... it is long, sorry.</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they order later, pick out another dress in a cordinating color. Only two of the BMs are currently matching, so if the others pick different dresses it will just look like evry girl got to pick her own and those two happened to like the same one.
    Posted by sister2groom[/QUOTE]

Yup. I know you were really excited about this dress, but it was just way too early. Lessons learned and all that. Just work with what you have.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-dress-issue-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e3a777e0-8f96-416f-b030-562a2d7ee945Post:29f28267-94b4-4b56-a269-53bdc0081624">Re: bridesmaid dress issue... it is long, sorry.</a>:
    [QUOTE]they said December. (the store)  I guess it doesn't matter. I should just forget about it. 2 and 2 and 2 is perfectly fine as long as all the colors and the same (switching between wisteria & sangria) I could help them... and probably would be more willing to if they were a little nicer to me, but we all know how that goes!
    Posted by Fluff27[/QUOTE]
    "Sometime in December"...maybe I'm just cynical but that sounds a little wishy-washy to me.  But as I said, I've been burned by it.
    <div>
    </div><div>If you're okay with different dresses, I would go with that as an option.  Many people do it and it looks very nice.  I only brought up the helping them bit because you seemed to really want that specific dress, but if you're okay with something else, go with that.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-dress-issue-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e3a777e0-8f96-416f-b030-562a2d7ee945Post:d7c9d845-b942-4618-8244-aca8f06c9cd4">Re: bridesmaid dress issue... it is long, sorry.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to fight with them so another dress might not have been in my vision but thats fine. I don't want different dresses but its not all about what I want!  and thanks for the advice about the store... usually I'm more cynical about these things but I guess the excitement got to me. I'll definitely have to be far more careful from now on.
    Posted by Fluff27[/QUOTE]

<div>Good attitude; there's no use crying over spilled milk, and on your wedding day, I guarantee that the bridesmaid dresses won't be on your mind.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, I didn't even catch the June 2012 part.  Wait a year to look.  I guarantee you will find something you all like just as much, if not more, in that time, even if the dress really does get discontinued.  But I have to agree-it makes NO sense to buy a dress 18 months before you need it, and I, too, would probably refuse to buy it at this point, even if I did have the money.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards