Wedding Party

Alternative to Flower Girl?

Any ideas on possibilities for two little girls age 10 and 11? I feel like they're too old to be bridesmaids, but too young to be jr. bridesmaids (and I don't really like that position anyway). We definitely want to include them, but aren't sure what we should have them do. Any ideas?
*Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Re: Alternative to Flower Girl?

• Ask them what they'd like to do?  They're only too old to be flower girls if they tell you so.  If they say they'd like to be bridesmaids, that's fine.  They can wear an appropriate dress, walk down the aisle, stand respectfully for the ceremony, and smile for pictures just the same as the adult bridesmaids, no "junior" title necessary.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Ask them what they'd like to be. Jr. bm is just a silly title. They would be bms. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Do you want them in the actual wedding party? How about sitting at guest book, ceremony readers, or maybe special music during the ceremony if they sing or play an instrument?
    To go back to the guestbook thing, I'll always remember our first cousin to get married asked my sister and I to sit at the table, and we were very honored! She even took us to get our hair done with her and her bridal party on the day of the wedding, and it made us feel so included! (we were about 11 and 13ish then)
    Although if you do want them in the wedding party, if you don't even like the jr. bridesmaid title, just ask them to be bridesmaids?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards