Wedding Party
Options

The Good Feelings =D

Morning Everybody!!

At least...it's morning on the East Coast. At any rate, this is the Good Feelings Thread I've been promising.  A couple rules (though they're more like 'guidelines' than actual rules...)

1) Please avoid negativity. For realz. We are collecting prayers and good feelings for people's various life needs right now WR or otherwise. If you want to bash someone, please don't do it on this thread. I can't make you not do this. I'm just asking nicely.

2) Anything and everything is up for posting. Any job offers you're hoping for, or pets you want to adopt, schools you want to get into, babies, parents, siblings, husbands...whatever. All up for grabs.

3) In short, either post good feelings or post things you need good feelings about.
The theory behind all this is that even if the universe is being a behind right now, it really can't hold out forever when a bunch of people are pushing for it to be otherwise. As a Christian I would refer to this as cooperative prayer theology, but use whatever reasoning you desire.

Now that we got all that crap out of the way...

Banana needs someone to buy that condo. Now. More like yesterday. And she needs good vibes like crazy because she's nearly a month away from Chiquitabanana's birth and we all know that can get nuts.

Brooke has a job interview on December 1st. It's like her dream job or something. Obviously she's the logical choice for the job, but we need to send those vibes to the powers that be over there so she can get it.

Suz just got married. YAY! Send good feelings towards her and her H starting their lives together.

Ummm...I hope I didn't miss anything. If I did, as stated above, post it!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
Photobucket

Re: The Good Feelings =D

• Options
    I love this idea.

My little sister/MOH, after months of deliberation from her doctors, is FINALLY scheduled for surgery the day after tomorrow.  She's having a laproscopic appendectomy, and while they're in, they're going to poke around her stomach and intestines to see if they can find out what is causing her to be so sick.  Although an appendectomy is a relatively simple procedure, the doctors are considering keeping her overnight because she is considered high-risk (because of the epilepsy).

Good thoughts/prayers/vibes would be awesome. 

And I'll send mine back to all of you, especially Banana, Brooke, and Suz.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Thanks for giving me a way to ask what I have wanted to:  As many of you know, my youngest DD and her roommate and BFF were victims of an awful crime last March.  Sentencing for the creep (animal?  low life?  repulsive waste of skin?) is Friday morning.  Our girls (and us) will be seeing him in court, and making our victim impact statements to the judge. 

You've all been so wonderful and kind through the last 7 months.  If you would give your good thoughts, vibes, prayers, for the girls on Friday morning, I'd be so grateful!

Thanks manwait for this!

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Trix, I hope for your DD and her roommate's sake that the miserable waste of air is given the strongest possible punishment :)

Just adding an update about FFIL...he went home on Tuesday and is doing well, and here's hoping he's been through the worst of it :)

Passing along positive vibes for Banana's condo, as well as continuing a healthy pregnancy...Brooke's job interview...and Suz's long and happy marriage :) Also for Bay's sister's surgery :) I'm sure everything will go just fine!
  • Options
    Good vibes to everyone!  Brooke, Banana, Trix, Suz, Baystate, etc.

Also, Licia just got married this past weekend and she and her H are on their honeymoon this week.  Good vibes to them as they start their new life together and good vibes for a fantastic honeymoon and safe travels home.

• Options
    I'm going to send out all of my good vibes now, and then put all of your names on pieces of paper in my pocket.  That way, whenever I notice them throughout the day, I can send out my good vibes all over again.  I have a friend who always does this when something has got me down, and then she sends me little messages throughout the day that say "You're in my pocket!"  I adore it, and it always makes me feel better to know someone is sending good thoughts my way, so I'll pass the practice along. 

Banana, Brooke, Suz, Baystate's little sister, Trix's daughter and BFF, JaimeD's FFIL, and Licia...you're in my pocket :) 
  • Options
    I'm officially at the 6 month mark in my job search.  But, I have been getting more shifts at the job I do have and we haven't been insanely slow at work, either.  I can be in that job for another few months if necessary, but it means seeing DH less since I work weekends when he's off, less income stability, and we can't get a dog yet.

In better news, DH's second, part-time job that he's been looking forward to for ages finally looks like they might be getting their act together so he can start soon.  Hopefully it will be as fun for him as he thinks. 

And one my friend who officiated our wedding is in a second interview right now - he has been searching for a job in his field for a solid year and a half.  They are looking at a few candidates still but at least he's still in the running.
  • Options
    Trix, PM me with the specific time too if you don't mind.

Gotta, *sends all kinds of crazy job related goodness* I really hope you get something. I'm already starting to get pessimistic and I haven't even graduated yet. I really hope things work out for your financial security AND happiness.

I like Mel's idea of putting people in her pocket. I think I'm going to do that too =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sending good feelings to all!

FH could use some good feelings. He's got a job opportunity in NJ which would be a job he would actually enjoy, and a lot more money for us. He's supposed to hear today if they want to interview him, which would take place on Monday. He's uber qualified, and is exactly what the company is looking for, so we're crossing our fingers.

On a side note, the "You're in my pocket" reminds me of a girl I used to work with that was just the sweetest thing and would say the greatest things. My other co-worker and I would always tell her we wish we could keep her in our pockets to be able to hear the things she says when we needed to.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the good wishes!  I'm sending them back to everyone else!

Trix, I know Friday is a long time coming and I'm sure it will be cathartic for everyone.  PM me if you want to talk about it.  We can also email if you want.  {Hugs}
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Sending everyone good vibes!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    It's cheaper, we have some friends out that way, it's cheaper, it's kind of an interesting town, it's cheaper, there's a nice independent film community, it's cheaper...  Lots of reasons.  ;)
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Stage"  I keep trying to PM you, but it's apparently not going through.  Either that or you've received a half dozen PMs from me.  =)

I'll keep trying, but just to answer your question:  sentencing is scheduled for 9:30 am.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Good wishes to everyone - Banana for both CB and your condo; Brooke on your job interview; Aerin for your job search and move; Suz and Licia on their respective marriages; baystate for your little sister; shorti, your DH and your guyses' officiant for your job searches and interviews; mkrupar (where in NJ? I have family in Union County) for your H's possible job opportunity; Stage and Jaime for your DHs' continued recoveries, trix's DD and her BFF.... you're all in my pocket. (Nice one, Mel :^)) Kate, you are too - only a few more days till your LSAT results!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards