Wedding Party
Options

Groomswomen

My FI has his two sisters standing as his groomswomen. We are putting together the wording for our programs and the FI doesn't like the term Groom's Attendents (I've seen that in a few different threads). We were thinking "groomspeople", does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Groomswomen

• Options

If you like "groomspeople," go for it, but it sounds weird to me.  I'd probably list each person and their title individually, so it'd look like this:

Sally Jones - Groomswoman
    Jane Jones - Groomswoman
    Steve Smith - Groosman
    Joe Blow - Groomsman

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    We're in a similar situation- FI's sister is the best lady. we couldn't come up with another term, even though we're not super lovnig best lady. are there other guys or is it just the two girls? if you have boys and girls you have to keep it generic. I thought Groom's Attendents was the best as well. groomspeople seems funny. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    What if you just have one bigger header called Wedding Party?

edit: And then beneath that write them out as Stpeh suggested. Then you can do a line space and then list yours.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    we listed everyone individually and used bridesman and groomswoman as the titles.  We played around with groomslady and groomsmaid but decided groomswoman was our preference
  • Options
    We're calling them groomsmaids and groomsmen, FWIW.  (And bridesmaids and bridesmen.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards