Texas-San Antonio
Options

Informal/Inexpensive reception venues in SA?

My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding and an at-home reception in San Antonio. Can any of you suggest a inexpensive reception hall? Preferably looking for BYOB and a good sized dancefloor. Thanks!

Re: Informal/Inexpensive reception venues in SA?

• Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and the fiance like this hall, but BYOb isn't allowed. The hall is only 1100.00
    http://www.sanantonioweddings.com/wedding/blessedsacramentparishcenter/blessedsacramentparishcenter.aspx

Most of the halls that we looked at that allow BYOB look like "empty Kmarts" according to the fiance. Most of them are bingo halls and just don't look great for a wedding. We're still trying to look around and see what halls are out there, but it's kind of hard with a picky groom...lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Leon Valley Community Center is really laid back on BYOB, food, security, etc.  Like most places that are in this price range, it's not fancy.  My thoughts on that are that you should have more money to spend on some additional decorating and once the lights are down for the dance, you're really going to be focused on your guests and having a good time.  It just depends on what your priorities are.  Everyone is different.  :o)
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can think of a couple: Garden Heights Chapel & Country Cottage and then Faithville is pretty good too. I believe with Faithville you have to hire an off-duty police officer if there will be alcohol served. Good luck, let us know where you decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    La Orilla Del Rio is on the riverwalk, it's very nice! And very inexpensive! Look into it, not sure about the BYOB though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lynn2001Lynn2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at Garden Heights and it was beautiful! My sister got married their and she was on a budget. The cool thing was, they even included her colored table clothes and they brought their own alcohol.
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aggie Park is reasonably priced and I am pretty sure you can BYOB.  They recently re-did it, but it does have a little bit of a maroon theme :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I checked into La Orilla del Rio but he was booked all of our dates.. We ended up going with Granberry Hills. It was everything we needed for just a reception. Beautiful room and pretty inexpensive. And it's BYOB =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I would have seen your request sooner.  The DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Airport will do packages with just room rental.  There are cash bar options, as well (sorry...no BYOB) but we do have option where you can bring your own food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards