Texas-San Antonio

Flowers for a black and white wedding?????

I am planning my August wedding and have decided to have an out door evening wedding with a black and white theme.
Here is the problem, I want some color in the flowers, my initial idea was my girls in black dresses with very bright almost neon daisies and gerber daisies (maybe some roses in my bouquet). My fiance thinks this will be ugly. What do you think?
I also thought about keeping the colors restricted to black, white, green and pink with silver accents. Too many colors? WHat are your suggestions for colors for this classic yet contemporary wedding?
Thanks

Re: Flowers for a black and white wedding?????

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing a black and white wedding, but I have red as my accent color, so we're doing black magic roses with black and white calla lillies.  Black and white go with everything, so whatever you want will look fabulous.  I LOVE gerber daises so I think you have a swell idea.  Boys can't vision so try to find pics to show. I'm sure someone has done it before.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I agree that unless you show a boy a picture of what you're thinking, they're not going to be envisioning the right thing in their head. I think bright colored gerbera daisies would look awesome in front of black BM dresses. What color(s) were you thinking for the daisies?

I found this picture of girls in black dresses with various shades of pink and red daisies, and I think it looks great: http://pics.boards.weddingbee.com/13504.DSC00571.jpg.resize

Here's another one where she mixed in some more white with the pink, which is another great option if you're afraid all bright colors is too much (sorry this picture is so small, I couldn't find a better one): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HDOtLNE9574/SqkHX6aiwkI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/Di1flUQJ_zM/s400/blog+10x10+.jpg

In reference to too many colors, I think you do want to keep the main colors to a minimum, maybe just black, white, and either pink or green. Silver accents could probably be thrown in ok since it's such a non-intrusive color. To me, it seems like using both pink and green could be a bit much if they're there in equal amounts, but if you really want it then go for it. :o) Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    One of my best friends had a black and white wedding as well. We carried dark pink (fuschia?) roses and they looked great against our black dresses. I think it's fine to use other colors, but keep the main theme black and white. Use pink or green (or both) as accent colors onlly and you'll be fine.

Oh and pp was right about showing your FI pictures. Never tell them an idea without a picture in hand. They'll never see the vision!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen green used as an accent.  (lime green)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the red. Most of the black and white weddings i have seen red is the flower color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards