Wedding Party

Who to Have?

I dont know what to do... at all... my best friend lives in another state. She WANTS to be in the wedding, but I have hemmed and hawed around a bit, not answering her questions...
I want someone to shop with me, to plan with me, to have fun with me in planning all this., and she isnt even available over text messages! She lives in another state, and my daughter lives all the way across country.
Maybe I wont even have a Maid of Honor.
Just venting, I guess folks... dont really need a reply. I guess I just wanted all this oiff my chest.
Thanks for listening.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who to Have?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_who-to-have?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:edc16784-0f65-4f25-bb7b-221fb908f2e7Post:f68dba40-f034-4e79-afb3-cbabbee01d84">Who to Have?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know what to do... at all... my best friend lives in another state. She WANTS to be in the wedding, but I have hemmed and hawed around a bit, not answering her questions... I want someone to shop with me, to plan with me, to have fun with me in planning all this., and she isnt even available over text messages! She lives in another state, and my daughter lives all the way across country. Maybe I wont even have a Maid of Honor. Just venting, I guess folks... dont really need a reply. I guess I just wanted all this oiff my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Posted by calliou2[/QUOTE]
    Your friend or your daughter don't have to be your shopping/planning buddy to be your MOH.
    The MOH and bridal party, in general, are people you want to honor with a title. They wear a dress, walk down the aisle with you. They don't have to be the one to plan your wedding with you. That's what your fiance is for.

If you want someone to plan your wedding with you, enlist the help of your fiance. It IS his wedding, too, afterall. You can also consider hiring a wedding planner to help you with some of the details.

If your friend or daugther can't be with you in person or even over text, snap some pictures and email them or leave texts for them to read later. They don't have to be going through this with you in realtime to go through this with you, kwim?
  • My best friend lives 3 hours away.  We do online dates and look at websites together.  Then, when one of us can afford to, we'll visit each other.
  • I live in Maryland. My MOH lives in Kansas, another bridesmaid lives in Missouri, and my third bridesmaid was in grad school in Ohio and working for the summer in New Mexico. My mom is in North Carolina and the wedding was in St. Louis where my in-laws live. It wasn't an issue. I picked these girls to be in my wedding because they are my best friends.

Yes it would have been nice to have someone local to go to dress fittings with and shopping with etc. but it wasn't about needing help with wedding stuff, it was about missing my friends. I was also lucky that my parents were able to drive to visit us for Thanksgiving and we made dress appointments for while they were in town. But ultimately my husband and I planned the wedding together. I filled in my best friends with what was going on with wedding planning and my life by email or texting or phone calls like how we normally communicate. I wouldn't exlude your friend just because she lives far away, especially when she seems so excited for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards