Wedding Party

How do i match them up???

Two of the couples in the wedding party, are married. Do we pair them together or does it really matter???

Re: How do i match them up???

• You don't have to but why wouldn't you want to?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Unless like one of them is the MOH or Best Man and their spouse isn't the other, then why can't you match them?

And in the case of one being the MOH or Best Man, they only need to walk out of the ceremony and into the reception together . which takes all of 2 minutes ...  They don't have to dance together (At all) or sit next to each other or spend the entire night with the person they're matched with.

And lots of couples are now skipping a reception entrance for the BP and just like have parents and themselves announced. And you can also do a weave during the recessional so nobody's walking together at all if this is really that big of an issue.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • If you're talking the MOH is married to a GM then don't worry about pairing them up.  However if it's a BM and a GM then why wouldn't you want to pair them together?

Please don't do any WP dances though.  They're not fun for anyone.
  • You can if you want. It might be weird if you don't. In our wedding, we didn't have anyone paired up. Everyone walked down the aisle by themselves.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • If the guy is the Best Man and his wife is a bridesmaid, I don't see a problem with pairing him with the MOH just for the processional and recessional.

If they're each a bridesmaid and a groomsman, but you're separating them only because you want people to be matched by height or something like that for aesthetic purposes, then I think that's really weird. In that case I would pair the couples together for walking.

Ditto skipping the wedding party dance. It's awkward to participate in and incredibly boring to watch.
  • Why would you not?  My MOH's BF was one of the GM, not BM.  They walked out together.  It actually ended up being a cute pic for the couple.

But you're more than a year out from your wedding.  You shouldn't even be asking people to be in your WP yet, much less worry about who they'll walk with.  There's no need to work out the walking order until the rehearsal.
  • My Matron of Honor (I have a Maid of Honor too) is my sister in law and my brother is a GM.  My Maid will stand beside me and my Matron will stand beside her.  There will only be one person inbetween the Best Man and my brother so when they pair up and walk out together my Maiden will take a step back and let the next Bridesmaid in line go before she does with my brother.  Their son, my nephew, will also be my Ring Bearer so they will pick him up and carry him out with them.  Perfect photo op.  Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing...  It makes sense in my head.  Haha.  My point is, even if they aren't in the same order to pair up, they can still walk out together. 
  • One of my bridesmaids is married to the best man, and my sister is my MoH. I asked my BM how she feels about them walking together and offered to jumble them around so they could walk, she said she wouldnt dream of splitting the best man and MoH up in the processional/recessional, but was deeply touched that I even bothered to ask her. So if you wanna split up married couples in the pairing, be polite and ask them what they think first, would you wanna see your hubby walk down the aisle with another woman just because they looked better together?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards