Wedding Party
Options

BM gifts- how much per girl?

Hi!
I already have some ideas on what to get my girls (5), but how much is typical to spend? $50? $75? $100? More? Don't want to break the bank, but also dont want to look super cheap.
("gift of the months" are cute but 3 months are ~$100 but 3 months seems lame for an "...of the month gift," no?)
TIA!

Re: BM gifts- how much per girl?

• Options
    Yes, it really depends on YOUR personal budget. Everyone is different in that respect and there is no standard for that.  Once you know what you are comfortable spending per girl then work within that number and consider each girls' taste / style / personality and what they'd like.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment

bacon of the month, for all!!

I need to stop doing that, sorry.

I agree with PPs, it's about what you're comfortable spending and making sure they get something they really enjoy...like bacon, even if it is for three months.

• Options
    I spent about $50 plus paid for all the activities we did while they were in Santiago (things like wine tasting, a couple meals, etc). But that was my personal budget. I think if you're throwing a $50,000 black tie wedding, getting them $25 gifts looks a little cheap, whereas if you're on a $5,000 overall budget those same $25 gifts might be a really nice gesture. It really is the thought that counts, although I think you should keep it in the same general price range for everyone.
  • Options
    It really depends on your budget.

That said, if they're doing a lot - as in throwing many parties, buying expensive dresses and your wedding is formal, a tiny gift wouldn't be appropriate either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gifts-much-per-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f0d5c164-175a-42d2-88f1-315e988c6397Post:94e10c8b-d112-464b-a5ee-dfb75963d030">Re: BM gifts- how much per girl?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And ps, "of the month" clubs are awesome, even for 3 months. If I received one, I'd be stoked. Can you imagine receiving different imported beers for 3 months?! Awesome, right?
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!  My parents did this for Christmas (three months only!).  My fiance and I love tasting our beers when they come.  It's also fun to get an unknown package and be like "what the hell is this...?" then we open it up and are all "woooo!  beer!"
  • Options
    I'm starting to think about this too.  I agree with PP that a lot of it depends on your budget.  I'm planning a $5-10K wedding, and I only have one BM in my WP.  I have no idea what to get her.  I know some stuff, like maybe a leather belt and belt pouch.  I think we might try to get GM a sword.  But we're Rennies.  We're odd like that.  Think about what they like and how much you can spend on them.  Those are the main two things, I think.
  • Options
    I went on etsy and ordered original artwork for all my bridesmaids.  I chose different pieces that suited each of them individually.  Some of the prints were only $8 or so, and once they are framed, they look really nice.  I was really glad that I could support the artist community, and I have gifts that are personalized for each maid for a low price!

I'm also making them "day of" jewelry (I'm the crafty type)

I agree that it doesn't matter how much you spend, just put thought into your gifts.

I once got a purse as a gift for being a bridesmaid, but it looked like something someone's great aunt agatha would wear - plus it still had the Marshall's tag on it - price and all.  Things we learn from this - regardless of price, remember to take off the tags!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gifts-much-per-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f0d5c164-175a-42d2-88f1-315e988c6397Post:5b99f8f6-093b-43e3-a5d5-d41eb035eac0">Re: BM gifts- how much per girl?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong>t;s not about cost, it's about thought</strong>. And everyone on here has different budgets. It's about what YOU feel comfortable spending.
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Seriously!  Why are some people sooo obsessed with what something costs? If everything is about the $$, then it's no wonder people are so broke!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    I went to the Coach store near me and purchased wristlet purses for the wedding party... I got my two sisters and MOH a larger one... They were $98 each. And the rest of the bm's a smaller version.. $48... They are really cute and match their dresses... I am also purchasing their earings and bracelets for the wedding. I figure that I would appreciate this more than any other generic bm gift... tote bags, gift of the month, etc...  But everyone is different and has different tastes. I know what my girls like.. I have 9 Bridesmaids all together so I didn't really want to spend too much more.. Keep it in your budget and I am sure your bm's will be very thankful!! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gifts-much-per-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f0d5c164-175a-42d2-88f1-315e988c6397Post:3fc4aada-791f-4332-891d-bd85a0d468d6">Re: BM gifts- how much per girl?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the Coach store near me and purchased wristlet purses for the wedding party... I got my two sisters and MOH a larger one... They were $98 each. And the rest of the bm's a smaller version.. $48... <strong>They are really cute and match their dresses... I am also purchasing their earings and bracelets for the wedding</strong>. I figure that I would appreciate this more than any other generic bm gift... tote bags, gift of the month, etc...  But everyone is different and has different tastes. I know what my girls like.. I have 9 Bridesmaids all together so I didn't really want to spend too much more.. Keep it in your budget and I am sure your bm's will be very thankful!! :)
    Posted by kkropp[/QUOTE]

OP, just so you know, these things are not really a gift for your girls - they are gifts for you because they're part of making your BMs look how you want them to for your wedding. It's fine to gift jewelry or purses if those are things that your friends really enjoy, but if you spin it back to being something that they have to (or are "highly encouraged to") wear at your wedding because you think it's cute, then you're not exactly thinking of your friends' interests first.
  • Options
    I've heard that a general rule is to spend about what you spend on them for a birthday or Christmas gift, maybe a little more. 
  • Options
    I only have two bridesmaids and then my sister is my maid of honor and I spent a little over 100 on each....but one of my bridesmaids is flying out from CA to be in the wedding and they are all getting their hair done for the wedding so I wanted to truly show them my appreciation...I got them each a tote bag...a towel...flip flops...plastic wine glasse...a picture frame and then a pandora bracelet with a charm that matches the wedding colors...I figured the pandora bracelets are a good jewlrey item to have because they can keep adding charms to it!  But I agree it depends on your budget and the type of wedding you are having!  Good luck with finding your gifts!!
  • Options
    I have 7 girls and I spend about $100 on each, although I think I might get something extra for my maid and matron of honor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards