Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Luncheon date

I plan on hosting a bridesmaid luncheon,  I want to get the invitations out,  I have 2 weekend dates in mind, but my one best friend lives in California and won't be able to make the shower, so she said she will most likely be able to come back for the luncheon.  I'm waiting to hear back about which weekend she can get a better flight deal. she has to apply for a CC to put the flight on, so I have to wait 10 days for that. I want to get the date set with my f'iance's sisters bc they have a big family and there is other baby showers etc that could be the same weekend.  Should I just pick a date and mail out the invitations, instead of waiting??

Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon date

• Options
    As of right now is the price difference much different?  I wouldn't think so...unless one is a holiday weekend it doesn't tend to vary THAT much.
  • Options
    When are you thinking of having this luncheon--is it soon?  If I was booking tickets to California (from DC), I'd want at least 2.5 months notice, at a minimum.   If you're thinking March, you really need to set a date asap and let other people know.  Why will it take 10 days for your friend to know if she can come?  Applying for a credit card is really quick, and is basically instant.  (Note:I hope she isn;t going into debt to fly out, just booking her ticket on a credit card--I assume you are both very young if she doesn't have a credit or debit card yet).
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-luncheon-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f4a2883a-1ac3-4047-a545-272b85dbfe8cPost:ad14d17e-086b-42e0-bbc6-70fda76fa050">Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon date</a>:

The luncheon is going to be the first, or second wk of March, she is just applying for particular CC that benefits people that travel alot.  She isn't going into debt yet has a few things she wants to fly back for this spring.  She has had a debit card By the way.  
    [QUOTE]When are you thinking of having this luncheon--is it soon?  If I was booking tickets to California (from DC), I'd want at least 2.5 months notice, at a minimum.   If you're thinking March, you really need to set a date asap and let other people know.  Why will it take 10 days for your friend to know if she can come?  Applying for a credit card is really quick, and is basically instant.  (Note:I hope she isn;t going into debt to fly out, just booking her ticket on a credit card--I assume you are both very young if she doesn't have a credit or debit card yet).
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-luncheon-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f4a2883a-1ac3-4047-a545-272b85dbfe8cPost:c6f8c966-22dc-4564-a61c-bdd0c813448a">Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon date</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon date : The luncheon is going to be the first, or second wk of March, she is just applying for particular CC that benefits people that travel alot.  She isn't going into debt yet has a few things she wants to fly back for this spring.  She has had a debit card By the way.  
    Posted by vkayse137[/QUOTE]

<div>You definitely need to get the word out NOW about the date, since that's not a ton of time to book plane tickets (I know I'd want them booked by the middle of January).  FYI, It still shouldn't take 10 days to get approved for a credit card, and unless she travels on a weekly basis (which it sounds like she doesn't since she doesn't have a cc), this really won't benefit her much (from someone who travels internationally yearly, and cross country multiple times throughout the year).</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards