Wedding Party

JP gift ideas

Our JP is my mother's best childhood friend. She has stated that she won't accept any money that she wants to do this for us. (She is a JP as her part-time job and usually charges $250-500). We wanted to get her a gift and present it to her at the rehearsal dinner rather than giving her money that she doesn't want from us... We were thinking of spending in the ~$200-250, does anyone have any ideas for a gift?

Re: JP gift ideas

• I would talk to your Mom to see what hobbies and likes her friend/your JP has.

A Gift card to a really nice restaurant and a nice bottle of wine and some gourmet chocolates along with it would be a great present!  Well I would enjoy it :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_jp-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f586f839-97fe-4ebc-ac94-d729e82b8618Post:2868f29a-8ae5-4568-8ccf-fa21985bc0e6">Re: JP gift ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would talk to your Mom to see what hobbies and likes her friend/your JP has. A Gift card to a really nice restaurant and a nice bottle of wine and some gourmet chocolates along with it would be a great present!  Well I would enjoy it :)
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is always a great gift. Another idea (if you think she'd like) is a gift certificate from spafinder.com. It's usable at any salon that cooperates (which is a lot) and I think you can get them for any service (so that she can decide for herself if she wants a massage, mani-pedi, whatever).
  • Ditto Maggie.

Just another suggestion is to look into a gift card to your local fine/performing arts center (depending on her preferences).

We have multi-purpose centers like these in my area where you can see anything from a rock concert to comedians to the Nutcracker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards