Wedding Party

All white wedding, what color for bridesmaid dresses?

Hi everyone!

Okay, so I'm having my wedding on August 5th, 2012 and the colors are going to be white and Ivory. The place that we are having the reception is next to a river and surrounded by big green trees everywhere and I think the white theme would look fantastic. It's what I've always pictured for my wedding! But the problem is I don't know what color my bridesmaid dresses should be?! I deffinately do not want anyone else wearing white or ivory. 
Buying A Home

Re: All white wedding, what color for bridesmaid dresses?

• ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I see 2 options.

1) no BMs
    2) pick a 3rd color

It sounds impossible to have "all" white and ivory AND have BMs AND have them not wear white or ivory.  What are the GM's wearing?
  • My cousin's wedding colors were white, ivory, and champagne. The BMs wore champagne dresses, and the GMs wore black tuxes with champagne vests and ties.

You could also go with a blush tone, which is a very soft, pale pink. That would look very pretty against the greenery.
  • Personally, I think gold would look terrific.  Particularly this gold-over-white option:
  • What about champaigne or a neutral color that is not so light? If you like ivory, it is your choice!
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    I would add a light pink as a color, or the champagne. Both or either would look awesome. There is nothing saying you can only have 2 colors. I have 3, i have hints of all 3 in things. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Champagne, taupe, any super-light pastel color, a very light gray, gold, silver, black - I could see any of these working.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Thats my dream too! 2 months ago my bridesmaids ordered dresses at David's in the 44 colors pink shade no fancy name just pink it is a pale pale pale pink... They had no samples of this in store but I just went for it. One of my bridesmaids dress came in today and it is absolutely beautiful I am loving it. Go into the store and check out the sample if you are okay with David's dresses
  • I meant the fabric sample. If you're super lucky they might have one dress in... They didn't in my case
  • Green! Green, white, and ivory will be a nice combination with the location.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_all-white-wedding-what-color-for-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f8b83f1c-5afa-46f1-853e-a2482cdbd379Post:fd320b69-bc0d-46fb-b706-c503fddf83dd">All white wedding, what color for bridesmaid dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! Okay, so I'm having my wedding on August 5th, 2012 and the colors are going to be white and Ivory. The place that we are having the reception is next to a river and surrounded by big green trees everywhere and I think the white theme would look fantastic. It's what I've always pictured for my wedding! But the problem is I don't know what color my bridesmaid dresses should be?! I deffinately do not want anyone else wearing white or ivory. 
    Posted by JessicaPop[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My votes would be for a blush pink or champagne, like the other posters suggested, or silver/light gray.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think a thrid color would work. It would look so pretty with champange or carnay yellow or light pink
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_all-white-wedding-what-color-for-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f8b83f1c-5afa-46f1-853e-a2482cdbd379Post:a5a887d5-484a-4769-b1c0-3e232440e1f6">Re: All white wedding, what color for bridesmaid dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cousin's wedding colors were white, ivory, and champagne. The BMs wore champagne dresses, and the GMs wore black tuxes with champagne vests and ties. You could also go with a blush tone, which is a very soft, pale pink. That would look very pretty against the greenery.
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

beige? peach?

• kwesh10kwesh10 member
    First Comment
    Hallo everyone,
    My wedding is in March 2013 but I want to begin my plans early.Am having trouble selecting my colours.I need something to do with blue (aqua,bermuda etc). I am thinking to match with cream or something else which I dont know.Some of my friends suggested red or black but I dont want those two.Please help me suggest nice matches.
    It is an indoor wedding.
  • My sister is using champange dresses, its still a neutral color, and would look great, but they won't be wearing white.. and it will still go with an all white wedding!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Grey would also work!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did something similar and my BMs wore champagne.  I used a mixture of white an ivory throughout including an all white cake, all white flowers, and an all white candy buffet.  It turned out beautiful.
  • I know it's late to chime in, but my vote would be a very pale green tint - I think it would be goreous with all of the white/ivory and greenery in the area.
  • fativfativ member
    First Comment
    hi =]
    i think  a really light gray color would compliment the white and the greens around , and also will keep it a little bit more modern if thats what youre going for =] 
  • I really like the idea of champagne, light pink, or a light gray. I'm actually having a white wedding too, with very light accents of gray, and my bridesmaids dresses are a dark midnight blue (winter wedding). Its the ONLY place where that accent is being used, but it should still be lovely. :)
  • I think a sea foam green or another color in the green range wold look prefect. Good luck I am getting married the day before you and I know what your going through right now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards