Wedding Party
Options

In what order do Bridesmaids walk in?

I haven't been to many weddings and this is my situation. I have a WP of 8, which includes my 2 sisters as MOH, and 2 best friends who I have known for years, and 4 cousins who I am very close to.  One of my cousins was a bit upset that she wasnt MOH, which she got over but now she keeps insisting on trying to control little things like this. For example, she says that the bridesmaids are supposed to line up in the order of whoever has known the bride longer goes first.  This is not going to make sense because obviously I have known my cousins my whole life.  Can anyone tell me how they are supposed to line up, or suggest something please.

Thank you!

Re: In what order do Bridesmaids walk in?

• Options
    YOU can decide how they go down. There are no rules as to this. You could have them walk down 2 at a time if you want. You could do it by height, by how long you've known them, etc.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    You can choose whatever order you like (height, age, alphabetical), or you can do like me and choose not to decide.  I'm going to list them alphabetically in the program, and then let them sort out walking order at the rehearsal amongst themselves.  As long as everyone gets down the aisle and the MOH and best man are last, I don't particularly care.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    They can be in any order you want, except (IMHO) it's really drama inducing to put them in the order of importance.  

Just choose something random.  Mine were in ABC order, because that's the order I'd put them in in the program.  Normally I suggest letting them figure it out at the rehearsal (we did) but if your cousin is controlling, it's probably better for you to do it.  
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    Mine are in order of how long I have known them because I have no family in the wedding. I think with 8, it could be really aesthetic to do by height?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_order-bridesmaids-walk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fc2f8c0e-be16-4ff9-a59e-fdf1ab0e505ePost:da2ba9ea-cd00-4504-b6be-4dec66da51bd">In what order do Bridesmaids walk in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been to many weddings and this is my situation. I have a WP of 8, which includes my 2 sisters as MOH, and 2 best friends who I have known for years, and 4 cousins who I am very close to.  One of my cousins was a bit upset that she wasnt MOH, which she got over but now she keeps insisting on trying to control little things like this. For example, she says that the bridesmaids are supposed to line up in the order of whoever has known the bride longer goes first.  This is not going to make sense because obviously I have known my cousins my whole life.  Can anyone tell me how they are supposed to line up, or suggest something please. Thank you!
    Posted by dazzleme[/QUOTE]

<div>Just do it by height (except the MsOH would of course go last). Just use pictures as an excuse for this reasoning (one of the few times you can use pictures to justify something, lol).</div>
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards