Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day?

If so, what?

What was the reason for your first breakup?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?I liked the little kid who slapped his mom's boyfriend and told him to put his chip back in the bowl.
    Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day?Sometimes we do although this year it looks like we are going to spend it with family.
    If so, what? nada
    What was the reason for your first breakup?My first bf went off to college and we were doing the long distance thing. He came home for his birthday dinner and the night before we were in his car and he said that he couldn't do the long distance anymore, but that he'd really like me to be at his family birthday dinner. There was NO way I was going to that since I was now the ex. I had a gift for him, so i took it back to the store and used the store credit to buy myself a new pair of shoes. He started dating some girl at the college he was attending who also went to hs with him, and they actually got married in 2007. Wow!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?
    I only saw the beer can house one, but it was funny.
    Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day?
    Not usually

If so, what?
    He did give me a necklace our first V-day and Ive worn it everyday since (3 years)

What was the reason for your first breakup?
    Youth, stupidity, and stalker tendencies on his part. I was in 8th grade. He was a sophomore and got way serious, and my sister's BF told him off once when he called and I wasn't home. Me thinks he was only seeing me to get to my sister. He never called again.
    Now we are related (my mom married his uncle), but I still haven't spoken to him since then, even though we went to HS together for 2 years. I see his mom all the time when I am home (stepdad's sister) and I like her, but I have yet to see him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fe327f09-04c5-46f5-bae7-1b7f793d4cdcPost:b6e2815e-741a-4c23-abb0-77b8c84caa52">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE] Now we are related (my mom married his uncle), but I still haven't spoken to him since then, even though we went to HS together for 2 years. I see his mom all the time when I am home (stepdad's sister) and I like her, but I have yet to see him.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    Sarah, wow, that's strange. You'll see him if you have a family reunion.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Probably, but not likely I'll attend one for my step-dad's family. My stepdad is the youngest of 13, in a small town, so he is related to everyone. He is also the uncle of one of my really good friends from gifted classes, and 2 other friends from high school, who I talk to often. Its weird, but since we were all adults when they got married, it didn't change our relationships too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial? Tie between the Letterman-Oprah-Leno Superbowl party and the Google commercial, which totally melted my heart.
    Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day? No because our dating anniversary is three days earlier so we celebrate then.
    If so, what? Date night.
    What was the reason for your first breakup? First "boyfriend" just dumped me out of the blue one day over AIM my freshman year of high school.  First serious boyfriend and I broke up because we'd been long distance for 4 out of the 5 1/2 years we'd been dating and there was no end to that in sight.  We figured that if we hadn't figured out a way to have a future together after 5 1/2 years, we were never going to.  Wish I'd figured that out a few years earlier.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial? Didn't watch

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day? No, we usually go out for dinner the night before or after instead...we'd rather spend the money on that, and we'd rather go out a different day than pay higher prices just cause it's Feb. 14.

If so, what? Dinner

What was the reason for your first breakup? No real reason. We were 15 and 16 and had been dating for a year and a half, so things had just kind of run their course.
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial? The "my generation" one

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day? We did last year, but we're a bit strapped for cash this year, so probably not.

If so, what? I got him concert tickets; he bought me roses.

What was the reason for your first breakup? He was cheating on me.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?  I liked the Doritos one with the guys in the gym - one of the guys takes the bag from their friends' locker and he turns out to be obsesed with his Doritos and comes after them dressed in ninja costume composed entirely of Dorito chips and throws a Dorito into the guy's neck...sounds bizarre - you had to see it I guess. lol.

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day?  Usually we just have a nice dinner together - we're not really into the commercialized aspect of V-Day so we're pretty low-key about the 14th.

If so, what?  n/a

What was the reason for your first breakup?  I was 13 and I don't even remember at this point!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Commercial? I liked the FloTv commercial where the guy's gf has "removed his spine"

Valentine's Day? Maybe just dinner. It's also my mom's bday so we usuallly end up at a bday party for her.

Breakup? He had just moved into town and was trying to get over an ex. Didn't realize I was the rebound girl until later. Awww to be young and stupid again :P
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?  Didn't watch.  We were driving home from Riverside, then went more or less straight to bed.  FI had to go in super early today to reverse out all the extra product his bosses sent in for the Super Bowl, to stores where it wouldn't sell.  *eyeroll*

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day?  Not usually.  We jokingly decided a while ago that we'd celebrate on the 16th because it's just as arbitrary and everything's on sale, but we probably won't do anything, especially with the wedding coming up.  (We just dropped $2k on the wedding bands Saturday.  Eek!)

If so, what?  N/A

What was the reason for your first breakup?  We went to different schools and didn't have much in common other than mutual friends.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    What was your favorite Superbowl commercial? Google's commericial, most definitely. My second fav was the KIA Sorento commercial with all of the huge versions of the toys out on the town.

Do you and your FI/DH exchange gifts on Valentine's day? It depends on our financial situation, but we usually exchange something small and then make an elaborate dinner together.

If so, what? Usually homemade stuff. It's dorky, yet deliciously sentimental

What was the reason for your first breakup? Cheating. Lots and lots and lots of cheating.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards