Texas-San Antonio

Vender reviews!

Hair and make-up: Mary Coop – A+

Wonderful ladies that do wonderful hair and makeup. They use some MAC and Mary Kay and everything held up beautifully the entire night. I had Mary come to the wedding for additional touch-ups and, boy, was I glad I did! I got attacked by several mosquitos right before the ceremony and Mary was able to cover them up perfectly. You couldn't tell at all in person or in pictures that I had bites all over!

Venue/Catering: Spring Hill Event Center – A+

Vicky was wonderful to work with. The food was excellent and everyone was talking about how good the food was. The venue was amazing with their uplighting and decorating. No upcharges for décor was really nice. If I had to do it all again and could only pick one thing to keep, it would be this venue! The DJ came with the venue and he was very good at the wedding. My only complaint about him was that you had to email him twice in order for him to email you back. It all worked out well in the end though.

Flowers: Mary Burns – A+

I heard about Mary from my photographer for being small, but reasonably priced. Flowers were not a large part of my wedding so I felt comfortable going with an independent versus a company. She does them out of her home, and they were perfect. She showed up on time and she was able to capture exactly what I wanted. No complaints!

Photographer: Team Exclusive – A+

I don't have a single bad thing to say about John. He is the most incredibly skilled photographer I have even seen/met. I am super happy with all engagement and wedding pictures. I will only be going to him for photo needs in the future. He is expensive and I didn't go over budget going with him, but I'm glad I did. He is worth it!

Alcohol: Costco - A+
Very helpful people there and they even delivered to the venue on Saturday.  You can return anything unopened after the wedding so it was nice to get some money back!

Cake: Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery - A

Excellent cake!!! I was so happy to have leftovers so that I could enjoy it for a week or two after the wedding! They did exactly what I wanted them to do and they said they could do. The cake tasting was the easiest/organized tasting I have been to so I have been happy with them since the start.

Dress: Belle Saison in Austin - A+
I bought a great package with them where they transported the dress to and from alterations (also in Austin), they stored the dress up until the wedding, they pressed it before the bridals and before the wedding, and they preserve it afterwards. They were very easy and helpful!

Feel free to email me at chicorpio@aol.com for any questions!

Re: Vender reviews!

• ms1507ms1507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews. I have heard great things about the Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see you had great experiences!  I am using Mary Coop as well and I am so looking forward to using her after her many reviews-all good!
    CongratsLaughing
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you provide contact info for Mary Burns please?
  • edited December 2011
    Mary Burns 210-310-4551
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • jennidolljennidoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great post!  Thanks!

I am interested in Spring Hill Event Center but haven't made it out there to tour it yet.  Are their prices fairly reasonable for what they offer?  Does the ceremony have to be outside there or can they do one inside?
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Spring Hill Event Center last October, and it rained the day of her wedding so they had to have the ceremony inside.  It was right on the dance floor, and they moved the chairs onto the dancefloor. Some people sat at the tables around the dance floor that were set up for the reception, so it didn't feel like a typical ceremony.  It was still beautiful, there's just not as much space inside for the ceremony.  Maybe if the ceremony was planned inside all along it could be rearranged better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards