Chinese Weddings

tea ceremony during the ceremony....need wording

Since I am only 1/2 chinese and have practically no connection with the tradition of it all, and because fiance really wanted some of my culture during the ceremony, we have decided to do the tea ceremony DURING the ceremony. I started writing a passage to explain this to non chinese guests (as well as Chinese guests who are thoroughly confused). How does this sound? Anyone want to add to it/correct me? "Will the parents and grandparents please stand. Now is the time for a Chinese tradition in a not so traditional setting, the Chinese tea ceremony. Christina will be using her grandmother’s teapot that was also used in her parents’ wedding. The bride and groom are serving tea to express gratitude and to thank their families for bringing them up properly. Christina will serve tea to Joanne, Leonard, and Freda to symbolize that she is becoming part of their family. In exchange, the families are presenting the couple with lee-see, or red pockets. These pockets symbolize good luck in the marriage."
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: tea ceremony during the ceremony....need wording

• edited December 2011
    Hello, usually tea ceremonies are done in a private and intimate setting and not in front of everyone... you can explain to everyone that you guys are going to do the tea ceremony, and maybe include in a program or something with the wording that you have listed above?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards