Chinese Weddings

***foolforfood***

I've been meaning to tell you since I first noticed -- I love your bouquet in your siggy! :) So pretty and I love the blush pink! Is it made up entirely of peonies? Did your bridesmaids carry similar flowers in color/style or something totally different? Thanks for the little inspiration! I always thought that I wasn't a pink kind of girl, but the more I see, the more I just love it. :P

Re: ***foolforfood***

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! Like you, I'm not a pink girl at all, never have been, never will. However....when I started planning the wedding, I found myself being drawn to muted pinks, to my DH's horror.  I just think bits of pink are adorable and wedding apropos. Also, peonies are my favorite, so I just went with it. My bouquet had ivory and light pink peonies and a few light pink cymbidium orchids.My girls wore blush pink dresses and their bouquets were made of ivory peonies and white cymbidium orchids (the ones with a purple/pink throat).
  • edited December 2011
    I feel the exact same way. My favorite color is navy blue, but I don't think I want any of it in the wedding. Originally, I had the red/gold scheme going on, but I just decided to do it may way. I'm keeping the tea ceremony to those colors, and my parents didn't seem to care much about the reception colors -- my mom even asked me if an orange bouquet would look too autumn. Your BP and flower set up sound lovely. :) Peonies are growing on me the more I see them, and little did I know until about a month ago that I'm in love with white cymbidiums like the ones you described. I've been told by many a florist that they're an expensive flower, so I'm just hoping to have them here and there in my bouquet.
  • LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say to Alko, go for the peonies! Then when you come to Boston, we can ooh and ahh over them together! hehe although we won't be seeing them in floral shops until next year near our weddings!Also, our weddings dates are during the best time to get peonies :)
  • edited December 2011
    Lana -- I was wondering if you've been busy, haven't seen you around much! I guess I wasn't paying close attention, but it seemed like it. lol FI founds out about his next assignment in about a week! I'll let you know how it goes! Boston is looking like a good option for us right now!!! :D It'd be nice have a wedding planning buddy too. :)
  • edited December 2011
    And yeah, the florist I'm looking at booking was saying that availability for them should be great! :) She also mentioned that though they're a bit on the expensive side, they take up lots of room in your bouquet, so it all "evens out", I guess.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, sorry I've been mostly lurking. Work has been very busy since I'm leaving at the end of next week and lots of things need to be done before I leave. After that I'm away on vacation for a week and then I start school the week after. I'll definitely be quiet for a while but I'll still check back in as much as I can :)Good luck to you and your FI; I hope it works out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Sounds like an exciting life for you coming up soon! :) Getting back to school should be fun, honestly. I'm actually pretty pumped to start up again -- it seems like forever since the last time I was a real student. I just hope the Air Force feels the same way and will cooperate. Good luck with everything and have fun on vacation!
  • edited December 2011
    foolforfood- let's see some pictures already! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, bio's up!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!!! The pic with you on the top of the stairs while he's waiting for you, with both your backs towards the camera, is my absolute fav.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lana!
  • edited December 2011
    foodforfood: I don't even know where to begin! I love just everything! :D You did an amazing job of blending you and your DH's backgrounds. I just hope I can do that same. If my wedding turns out half as nice as yours looks, I'll be satisfied! As for your sleepless nights of worrying -- I have a feeling I will be much the same way. :P
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Alko!  I should have just had a central line of champagne placed in me that entire week.  It would've done the trick just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards