Chinese Weddings

Poll: Favorite thing to do with your FI/DH

This board is probably my favorite, and I wish it were a little busier. Poll time? What's your favorite thing to do or place to go with your FI or DH? I *love* going out to eat with FI. It's how we bonded when we first started dating! New foods in new places, hole in the wall joints, ethnic foods... we love it all! My mom used to tell us that if we were poor, she knows we'd spend our last dime on eating out. If only we had more money... or free food. :) Newest love: Korean BBQ Restaurants. They're on every street corner here! Yum!

Re: Poll: Favorite thing to do with your FI/DH

• LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Korean BBQ Restaurants. They're on every street corner here!Hmm, I wonder why? hehe :)Let's see, in the winter time, it'll be snowboarding. He's better than me but I try to keep up with him. We also like to play board games and we get pretty competitive against each other. Yup, we're dorks like that
  • edited December 2011
    lol, I know, I know. It's just weird to me because they're [i]literally[/] maybe a few stores down from one another almost everywhere you look! I wonder how they all survive! Their menus sit as a sign outside their stores often, and they all look almost exactly the same. I guess the biggest differences are in their sides. We found a place near base where you can eat yourself silly for $10 USD total for two. Going to gain some weight tonight, actually! I feel ya on the board games -- FI and I used to play Scrabble just about every other night because he was SO SURE he could beat me. I played almost three times a week with my roomie for probably three years before him in college. He's getting better, but now we have to play online because we don't have our game here. He can sure embarrass the crap out of me in chess though!
  • edited December 2011
    whoa! does everyone see a light bulb in my last post?! lol, cool! I meant to italicize.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The lightbulb is cool! Add that to your list of talents: can put lightbulbs on theknot.com posts, heheYup, we play Scrabble a lot when it's just the two of us. We recently were introduced to Settlers and we love it, but it requires at least 3 people to be fun, so we have game nights with friends whenever we can. I'm going to miss those nights when I start school =/
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm such a nerd. Favourite thing to do: Watch Star Trek episodes at home.Though eating out is pretty high on the list! I especially love going out for Indian food with him because he actually knows what everything on the menu is, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I watch anything on TLC!Including Jon & Kate Plus Eight (since the early years!) and The Little Couple! Hah! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmm Indian Food... I was obsessed with an Indian Restaurant in Ohio, and I always got the same thing every time -- Aloo Vindaloo and Mango Lassi. If you have other good recommendations, I'm all ears! Mrsrodriguez -- I love Jon & Kate too. Aiden is just too cute... :)
  • tohruchantohruchan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my fav thing to do with my DH is play piano duets. that's one of the (supeficial) things that attracted me to him when we first met.  we're currently playing a lot of Les Mis lately. =)alko, i love korean bbq! i bet korean bbq in korea must taste awesome!
  • bbyxbo0bbyxbo0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how we all love eating! :) We also love to eat in random restaurants... we have our favorites and we're always looking to add to our favorites. Our rule is- there has to be a lot of people at the restaurant (or hole in the wall)... if there is, it's good! We also loveee driving around. We've done it since HS and we used to always drive past nice neighborhoods and imagine what it'd be like to live there. We recently bought a place but we still love the driving!
  • StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh people have such cute things they enjoy with their husband.  I do love this board and read it every now and then even after I got married.  There are definitely cultural stuff I've never heard of on the board. My favorit thing to do with my DH is probably eating out as well, almost always in Chinatown though, to stretch out our last dime.  And the second favorite thing is watching the food network.  
  • isyuwonoisyuwono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, eating out is pretty high on the list too. We do it more in summer, just because it's warm out for 3-4  months here in Wisconsin. Also, we love to play tennis, especially since we played a lot of tennis before we started dating. We were coworkers and friends first before we started dating.In winter, we do a lot of indoor wall climbing and cooking together in our kitchen.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey gals i'm fairly new to the blog but what's DH? i know FI is fiance, right? lol   anyway, FI and i :) love to eat out and go bowling.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi pegster, welcome! DH = dear husband
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards