Chinese Weddings

Timing

Hey Gals, I'm thinking of doing my tea ceremony in the morning, pics before ceremony and reception. My ceremony and reception will be at the same place. I'd like to do pics in the middle beacause we will have time. (tea starting round 11ish, ceremony is at 430)question- how can i do this w/o having my FI see me in my white dress? i bought a qi pao but my mom doesnt want me to wear it, she thinks its too old skool. i dont necessarily agree with her because my FI's family would like to see me in it. She just wants me to have an evening dress to change into mid reception.Should I:1. wear a qi pao during tea ceremony  and pics and then change before 2nd ceremony? BUT i wont have pics in my white dress2. wear my white dress all day. FI will see me in white dress all day3. Wear qi pao during tea, change into white dress before ceremony and then evening dress mid-reception.-is this too much?What do you girls think????

Re: Timing

• babiefookbabiefook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ur plan is good...u can still get pics in white dress..what i know some ppl do...when groom picks u up, u're in red dress-finish tea ceremony whether it be groom or bride's house (bring white dress there beforehand or day of is fine too) and then change immediately after tea into white dress before heading out to take pics-u'll probably miss that "first time down the aisle" feeling..but I personally don't care for it because I rather have nicer pics and I read this article on MSN about what photographers feel, they actually say that photographers prefer pre ceremony pics because they can take better shots-hope this helps..
  • edited December 2011
    I had a similar schedule to yours (tea ceremony in the morning, ceremony in the late afternoon).  I did something like #3.   I wore my qi pao for the tea ceremony, took some pictures and then changed into my white gown for more pictures before the ceremony. Unfortunately, if you want pics in your gown and you can't do it after the ceremony, your FI will have to see you in your gown before the ceremony.I think it depends on whether it is important to you to have pics in your white dress.  I'm guessing it is for most people.  Will you have a chance to take pics after the ceremony and before dinner?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards