Chinese Weddings
Options

Opinions on my dress?

I'm looking for opinions on whether or not you think this dress would look good in diamond white with a rose sash, or any sash at all for that matter. I ordered a diamond white sash originally only because a sash came with the dress (two color choices only), and now that my colors have changed from red/gold to maybe a darker pink, I'm considering changing the sash color in case I decide to wear one. What do you think? The two pics I'm posting are of my dress (I'm the headless one), but I have no pics of it in diamond white, so you'll have to imagine. The other pic has the rose colored sash. Does it look better with or without a sash? [img]http://tinyurl.com/nkbv2m[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/nkbv2m[/img] P.S. The dress is Maggie Sottero Mirabella; sorry if the pics are huge! I don't know how to shrink them! TIA for those of you that take the time to give your thoughts! :)

Re: Opinions on my dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woops, try #2: [img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/nm2flq" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/nm2flq</a>[/img]
  • Options
    tohruchantohruchan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooooooo.. pretty dress! =D personally i like the dress without a sash. i like all the embroidery and design on the dress, and having a sash would move the attention away from the intricate details of the dress.  (as opposed to having a sash, where it is a focal point and the dress is simple without any embroidery). but its totally up to you- if you like the sash, wear one. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I somewhat agree with tohruchan.  It's true the dress is beautiful with all the embroidery and such. However, I actually like the rose sash. I like how it pops.  I'm the type that wants to stand out though. For example, I didn't wear a white dress.  It was champagne colored. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!!! that dress is beautiful!! i dont think you need the sash at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! posted before i could finish....I do like the red sash as well. but maybe that's cause i see it and its hard to image the diamond white. But i can imagine that to be gorgous as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol, thanks for the compliments and suggestions so far! :) Part of me really wants that "pop of color" on the dress like Ms. Wan said, but the other part of me thinks it'll be too busy then. Hmmm....
  • Options
    isyuwonoisyuwono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I agree. It looks better without sash because of all the details. However, if you really need to have a color pop, and you are really tall (taller than 5'8" - 5'9"), you could add an off-white sash or something. I am 5 ft and a sash always makes me even shorter and split my body to half. =(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oOooh, that's a pretty dress!  It's ethereal and glam at the same time.  I'd forgo the sash, especially if you plan on wearing a big earring or necklace.  I'd use the bouquet to tie in your wedding colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so pretty!!!!  dont think u need the sash, the dress is clean yet elegant.
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the sash may make you look shorter so it really depends on how tall you are and your body shape. You want a clean line from head to toe if you want to look taller/leaner and a sash may break that. Since you did post a pic of yourself in the dress (which is gorgeous, btw!), my personal opinion is that you should go sans sash. I think the dress looks great without the sash!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No sash! Without it, you appear taller.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No sash. You've got a great figure, the sash distracts from that.
  • Options
    happysighhappysigh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, no sash as well! How about having a pop of color from your shoes instead? I wore pink shoes for my wedding and loved the little splash of color!
  • Options
    ll2014ll2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful and definitely no sash
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great advice ladies! Thanks so much! And Happysigh -- I'm definitely doing a brightly colored pair of shoes! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the sash looks stunning with the dress. Normally, I am not a sash person, but it adds another dimension to the dress that I love. I prefer the sash, I guess I am one of a few.I look forward to see how you end up doing it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks lyn. :) You're actually not one of few, except for maybe on this board. I've heard from quite a few others that they like the sash. I'm short though, 5'4"... so I'm thinking I should probably forgo the sash to avoid it splitting me in half. Perhaps I'll throw it on for a few pictures though. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards