Chinese Weddings
Options

what do you think?

Hey Laidies, I have found an organization that can preform the lion dance at our wedding for a reasonable price. The lion dance team would be about 12 people. I'd like them to preform after we're done eating so our guests can get hyped for dancing. Do you think its expected that the team will be fed? I kinda hope I dont have too, that's a whole table! So I feel like if they expect to fed, I dont think i can hire them. its too much $ on top of what i'm paying them for the dance. the dance would be about 15 min and they are asking for $398. Which is cheaper than I thought, but not if i add in the cost of dinner per head for the whole team. What do you girls think?

Re: what do you think?

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're only going to be there for 15, maybe 30 mins, after dinner is served, I highly doubt that they'd expect to be fed. You can ask them to be safe... but word it carefully so that they don't interpret it as an invitation :) Something like, at the end of your next conversation with them, ".... and, just to confirm, you guys don't need dinner, right?"
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just ask them for a contract or at least an invoice.  If neither doc lists meal requirements, simply email them to make sure that $398 is the total cost with no additional fees.  Make sure you keep the email thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Feeding the lion dance troupe at a wedding is very traditional and from my knowledge is rarely done today in the states.  Usually lion dance troupes do not stay to eat.  If you tell them they're performing at 9pm. They'll arrive just to perform and then leave.  They normally don't do contracts either.
  • Options
    amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it varies for each couple. We are planning on 1 table for our lion dance performance, mainly because my fiance was in the lion dance group growing up, so it's basically his 2nd family. I think as long as you discuss it with them, they won't expect dinner and will leave as soon as the performance is over. Also, they typically do not use contracts.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards