Chinese Weddings

NY Brides - Vendor Warning!!!

Hello Brides...I don't want anyone to make the same mistake as me...PLEASE!!! DO NOT use Eternal Wedding Studio on Main Street in Flushing, NY!!!! My wedding date was May 26, 2008....And I still have not been able to collect my wedding album!!!!  I have been given the run-around for the past 15 months!!!!The staff and owner have been very unprofessional, careless and unapologetic for all their mistakes and short-comings.  I wish I had forseen this before I paid for their services...(which I learned the hard way are very poor quality).  You can do so much better with your money elsewhere. If you want more specific details then leave your email address for me.  I will specifically describe everything which has happened between me and the company.

Re: NY Brides - Vendor Warning!!!

• ehchan0213ehchan0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks! I am so sorry that happened to you... I hope that you get your pictures! I am on the other side of the country... but I completely sympathize.  My wedding was in February and none of my hubby's friends have given us the pictures they took :( I know its not quite the same thing... but I feel ya!
  • edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear that, it is really bad, I got married in Aug 6, 2008 and used True love in flusing and I have no much complains about them. Anyways my sister is getting married next year and is deciding in a place for picture and one place she wanted to check is Eternal Wedding. Could you please send me your review to elitzaho@gmail.com so she can know better. Thanks
  • babiefookbabiefook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got married in May..my photographer gave me a preview of the album after a month...I just submitted changes last week..I just wanted to tell you girls that sometimes it's not that easy for them to put the album together...I think it's very hard just going over it..
  • edited December 2011
    Wow... I am so sorry. :( If you got married this past May, I would say what babiefook said, but we're talking about 2008. 15 months seems like a really long time to wait for an album. If you as the client took a really long time to submit changes back, that's one thing, but otherwise on their end it seems too long without good reason... maybe it's just me, but no one else I know has had to wait anywhere close to a year for a wedding album. Do you know any other brides that have had the same problem? Have they given you a time frame in which they'll deliver the product to you? I will add that you might want to be careful about vendor warnings if you posted anywhere else. It's great that you're sharing your negative experience with other brides, but I've heard some horror stories about brides that vent on boards and the (unprofessional) vendor found out about it and took action. I don't know where the line is drawn, but evidently the Knot can also be sued, so they may delete your threads as well. Good luck with everything!
  • edited December 2011
    I will add that you might want to be careful about vendor warnings if you posted anywhere else. It's great that you're sharing your negative experience with other brides, but I've heard some horror stories about brides that vent on boards and the (unprofessional) vendor found out about it and took action. I don't know where the line is drawn, but evidently the Knot can also be sued, so they may delete your threads as well. Alko, didn't this happen to you?  I guess from your own experience, you may be weary about posting honest responses about your vendor experience.  I know vendors do sometimes stalk the local boards, but at the end of the day, brides have a right to discuss these things on a public board.  It's not like the OP has twisted the facts.  It's plain and simple - she got married in May 08 and has yet to receive a full album.  The vendor can't possibly be angry about this, and TK can't possibly be liable for providing a stage for the OP's commentary.I'm glad the OP came here to warn us about a shady vendor.  She's done nothing wrong here. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that's she's done nothing wrong in this post, foolforfood. I meant that if she posted anything more than just a negative review ("bashing" or whatnot) on other boards, that she should just be careful. I wasn't really referring to myself when I said that about the "horror stories". All turned out well on my end and communication is better than it was before, but I've heard about threats to sue and good stuff like that from a few brides on my local board, which turned out to be more trouble than it was worth trying to tell brides about a bad vendor. I think it's totally shady practice to try and take action against an unhappy bride, and I'm all for posting negative experiences with vendors, especially like this one. I agree that it's been way too long for her to not have received her album. If a vendor is professional, he or she will take the review as constructive criticism (as with issues I've had). If the vendor sucks in general as far as being a professional, he or she may bring trouble to the table. Completely unfair and uncalled for, I agree. Like I said, I don't know where the line is drawn on TK as far as what can be said and what can't, but I was just telling her to be careful. Believe me, I'm glad there are brides that are willing to post negative reviews, as I'd do the same in a situation like this.
  • edited December 2011
    susanaha17....i just sent you a really really really long description of my experience with this vendor.....if you have any more questions then please feel free to reply to the email.thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards