Chinese Weddings
Options

Roast Suckling Pig

Hello everyone! Thankyou to all who answered my questions about the pig custom. My FI is chinese (ABC- father cantonese, mother village and speaks mandarin) and I am not. I read him some of the posts and some information online I found about it but he just wants it because it "tastses good, not because of the tradition." He doesn't care much about traditions but I think it will be important to his parents- mother mostly because she still , after being here +35 years is still talking about moving back. This is not going to happen but I think incorporating chinese traditions is a good idea since I am marrying "her favorite son" as she likes to say in Mandarin! We did have some good laughs about the pig since my dog (a pug) is called "pigor pigpig" as a nickname by FI. She kept hearing her name and looking from me to him, and pugs often look worried because of all of the wrinkles. I told him this morning to please ask his mom and dad what traditions they want. We are definately going to try to get lion danacers. We are in Arlington, VA so I think there is a group in DC which is only 5 minutes away. As an aside, my pig (the pug Ava) likes to listen to FI mandarin CDs- he is learning and the FILS are older, much older so they think we should just get right to the babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards