Chinese Weddings
Options

Ao Dai

For my fellow Vietnamese brides out there!What kind of ao dai are you wearing to your wedding?  Will it be red or yellow, or another color?And will you be wearing an outer coat over it or the ao dai by itself?And will you have a long tail that looks like a train, a trend I have been seeing in some weddings?I'm thinking of ordering my ao dai from aodaivinh.com and I am looking for advice first on which one to order.
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ao Dai

• Options
    edited December 2011
    See Bio link below for pics of my wedding ao dai. I'm also selling a different one in my For Sale link below.As for Aodaivinh, the quality isn't the best. If you are not picky, go for it. I ordered a red dress once and it was very pink to me.
  • Options
    FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ao dai was different shades of pink and the jacket was red and silver.  The jacket doesnt have a train.  I didn't want to wear the headpiece but my mom made me.  I had mine done locally because I didnt trust aodaivinh to get the right measurements.[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/n4xzkq" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/n4xzkq</a>[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ao dai is red and gold and was purchased in Vietnam. No outer coat, just the dress and pants...apparently the style now in Vietnam. It's posted in my bio.
  • Options
    caeebecaeebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing a red and gold dress with an aqua blue (multi-colored) outer coat.  No train.  I had mine made in Westminster, CA by a seamstress my future-in-laws knew.  I'm wearing the hat too but I'm not too happy about it.  I'll probably take it off pretty quickly.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Caeebe, Can you tell me who this seamstress is? I am leaning towards getting it done in Cali because I don't trust ordering it online from Vietnam but I live in Ohio! Thanh
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was red and gold. Luckily, I have an aunt in Vietnam who has had clothing made for me before.[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/3791326287_ce712f18e1.jpg[/img]I wore the outer coat, no hat, and open neckline.
  • Options
    bellelinh213bellelinh213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my fabric from vietnam. Red ao dai, with gold embellihments and gold pants.. it sounds more tacky than it really is. i would like to wear the outer coat my mom wore to her wedding, which is a sheer white with gold bordering on the hems. I am keeping it traditional since my wedding dress is going to have a train. I havent had them made yet b/c my wedding is in july 2010. good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just recently received my ao dai from ao dai vinh and the fittin gis good except for the arm area but thats fixable.. i already had several custom made ao dai of my own so when my sister went back i sent with her the picture of the exact ao dai i wanted from there catalog as well as one of my own ao dai as my size for them to use as measurements. and it turned out just perfect.. the one i chose is a pink fushia with the jacket as well.. simple but still nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    juulee12, do you have a picture of your ao dai?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i do but i wouldnt have a clue on how to post it on this particular post.. lol but if you go on the website you can click on the 2009 ao dai and its the first picture on that 1st page as well.. and its exactlly the same color style and etc..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    juulee12, did it come red or pink? I want to make sure because I know that Ao Dai Vinh and most other Vietnamese ao dai companies don't differentiate red and pink as our [American] eyes do. :P
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clearheavens, It came back exactly the color that you see it in the picture, or so mines did. and I must say that I am very pleased with the outcome, I too was pretty iffy about the turnout but it was well worth the wait. The fushia pink is the one I got and the fushia pink is the same color I got when my sister gave it to me and I tried it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards