Chinese Weddings

Any philly brides

Just started planning my October 2010 wedding and am incorporating chinese traditions into a modern American wedding.

Re: Any philly brides

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  I'm in South Jersey and got married in Philly this past May.
  • edited December 2011
    fun.  where in S. J. are you from.  i used to live in CH.  where in philly did you get married?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually from Tennessee originally... moved up to the Philly area ten years ago!  I used to live in CH but live in Burlington County now but we still have DH's house in Camden County too.  Our wedding was at Old St. Joe's Church in Old City and our reception was at the Down Town Club which is right next door to Independance Hall.  I'm Chinese and my DH is Polish/German/Irish and I tried to incorporate a lot of Chinese traditions into our modern American wedding as well!  We had Chinese invitations, our colors were red (and somehow we ended up with gold too), our favors were mini-bamboo steamers with custom fortune cookies stuffed in them, we did a tea ceremony at the reception and we used a Chinese song for my father/daughter dance.  Also, one of our 'stations' we chose for our cocktail hour was Asian themed with dumplings, sushi, etc.Several months later we had a 2nd reception -- a traditional Chinese wedding banquet - back home in Memphis.Where is your reception going to be?
  • edited December 2011
    haha.  funny.  ours is at the DTC too.  shoot me an email.  maybe we can chat about it and i can bounce ideas off you?  ddwedding2010 at hotmail dot com.
  • edited December 2011
    I currently live in PA, but I had my wedding elsewhere.  If you need help with anything, you can shoot me a line at foolforfood at yahoo dot com. GL with your planning!
  • krivitskrivits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I tend to hang out more in the south asian message board since my FI is Indian. We're doing our primary ceremonies and reception in Dallas where he's from but we're prob gonna do a Chinese wedding banquet in Philly too (where my parents are). I've been dragging my feet on it because I haven't been thrilled with the banquet venue options around there.

I'm pretty familiar with some of the Asian venues around there so I'd be happy to help with questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards