Chinese Weddings

Gifts - Thank you cards question

Hi ladies,

Our wedding isnt for another few weeks, but we're already getting gifts from relatives in and out of the country who can't attend.  Some were sent even a couple weeks before today... should I be sending Thank You cards out to those people immediately or wait until after the wedding?

FI and I were going to make photo cards of our favorite wedding image to fill out and send as thank yous, but obviously don't have those yet.  I don't know what proper etiquette is, and I don't want relatives/friends offended in the mean time if it's proper to send it to them right away.  Or...is there a different etiquette for the Chinese?

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Gifts - Thank you cards question

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really think you can't go wrong sending the thank you cards right away. You can pick up small boxes of generic thank you cards. People will appreciate being thanked right away even if they don't get the wedding photo thank you card.

Plus it will save you some trouble later. Believe me - you'll be thankful when you're faced with a hundred other thank you cards to write.

Be sure to keep a list of everything you received, from whom, and a checklist of the thank you cards you've sent. It'll make your life much easier later!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ring_pop!
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun writing your TY notes!! (o:
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha thanks -- I've been meaning to get in touch with you jenandcris, but the wedding is coming up too soon and I've got too much to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards