Chinese Weddings

Bilingual Invitations

So I'm kind of second guessing my decision to do an English on Front and Vietnamese on back invitation... What is your opinion?

Re: Bilingual Invitations

• mama_cito95mama_cito95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you second guessing this?
    2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep them separate; it will look too cluttered if it's together. If you're not sure about double-sided invitations, consider a pocketfold or some other kind of folder. I did a tri-fold invitation. PIB
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what the exact terminology is, but we did one of the folding type of invitations with the loose card in the middle. And the loose card was English on one side and Cantonese on the other. I agree that two languages on one page would probably look cluttered.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of the two languages mixed onto one card.  Looks very cluttered and sometimes exact translations don't match up.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well... I priced it out and it's pretty much double the cost to do front and back.  It's about $0.50 to print a one-sided color 8.5 x 11 page.  Well... then obviously it would cost me about $1 to do both sides... then I have to factor in 2 envelopes (invite + reply) and stamps... I guess it's just more than I expected and was re-thinking it to save me about ~1/3 of the cost... oh well... I guess I'll keep it the way it is...

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    MissAngel, I'm going to attempt a Vietnamese/English invitation in the next month.  Can I see what yours looks like?  I didn't get a clear view in your bio.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    sure!  email me at christine.dallasembroidery@hotmail  I have it in pdf that is much clearer.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you making them yourself?  I'm doing English, Vietnamese, and Korean.  I got a quote from a company and it's way too expensive...
    edited December 2011
    Yes I am doing them myself.  I was able to download the Vietnamese fonts and I did English on the other side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards