Chinese Weddings

what shoes to go with the red dress?

I tried to do a search for previous posts, but I couldn't find anything. I am having trouble finding shoes to go with my long red dress. It's hard to find the same shade of red, so I'm wondering if black or gold shoes would be OK. Does anyone have pictures of their shoes or ideas to share? Heels or flats?

By the way, I have red flats to go with my white dress.

Re: what shoes to go with the red dress?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think gold would look great! Especially if your red dress has hints of gold in it (wedding dresses often do)... but even if not, gold will go well. (Unless your dress has silver, in which case I'd wear silver).

If you prefer black, I'd go pretty delicate with the shoe, not to chunky. Maybe strappy sandals. Personally I'd wear gold over black.

I have a pic of a friend who wore gold heels with her cheongsam, but since it's not my pic I don't want to post it here. If you want me to email it to you, PM me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    My qipao is red and my shoes are light gold.  I think they look great with the dress. Mine are platform/wedges for comfort (and of cousre, the height that I need!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I wore gold sandals with mine. 

• jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're already wearing red for your white dress, why not switch it up with gold for your qipao? It would be a very cute variation in your outfit!

Personally, I think gold compliments Asian skintones.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards