Chinese Weddings
Options

Cheongsam/Qipao in NYC

Hello,

I have been reading the message boards and have found lots of people looking for Cheongsam/Qipao's in other cities and everyone referencing that it is easier to find in NYC, but does anyone have any recs of where in NYC to go?  Preferably in Manhattan.  Also, does anyone know a price range.  I have the traditional white dress for the wedding, but I was looking for a Chinese dress for the rehearsal dinner so cost if definately a factor, but I also do not want one that is itchy and uncomfortable.

Thank you!

Re: Cheongsam/Qipao in NYC

• Options
    StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up just renting it from my bridal studio.  Unfortunately, even down in Chinatown QiPao isn't quite as cheap as going to Asia to get it.  I know a couple of people who got it from Peony Red which is at 217 Center Street, they seem to have the best price, 200-300 if I remember correctly.  They are very nic and accomodating.  There is a Qipao store at Mott and Pell that have very nice fabric, but pricier.  Pearl River 477 Broadway also has a big seletion, but no one I know got it from there and the quotes they gave me were higher.
    I think most of the bridal studios will sell in addition to renting them, you could check that out.  The one I went to see Manhattan Bridal at 126 Bowery.
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would they rent just the qipao to customers, or do you have to get it with a package?
  • Options
    StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The couple of bridal shops I looked at all have a la carte prices if you only wanted specific things, and renting dresses and tuxes is one of them.  Unfortonately I really cannot recall their prices though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

For Manhattan Bridal I was quoted for $150

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i went to Manhattan Bridal to rent my qipao and was also quoted $150 but they do have a decent selection and sizes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards