Texas-San Antonio

What Caterer are YOU using?

The Only question I ask is because it is the LAST thing I need to book. We're having an early wedding, so will more than likely be light food, not much..finger foods I guess. Its going to be in Schertz and I am on a budget (I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to have food at the wedding). Im really looking for reviews and suggestions! Thanks!

Re: What Caterer are YOU using?

• edited December 2011
    I am using Absolutely Delicious.  I found their prices very reasonable (esp. b/c I'm doing it in their venue), however, I'm not sure what it adds up to when bringing off-site.  4 members of my family went to a tasting last month and have been raving about the food since...in fact, based on the prices, they all said it was much better than they expected.

Good luck!

Mary
  • edited December 2011
    Try Heavenly Gourmet- Loretta is a sweetheart and I know could come up with something delicious and super affordable for you. Even their dinner plates are about $10 so I bet a lunch/finger foods would be even cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll look into both of those places. Its my last biggest check.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been emailing back and forth with Spice of Life and Absolutely Delicious. They both have reasonable prices, (Spice of Life is a little more pricey) but I'm looking at a full on dinner so lighter foods might not be as much. I haven't had a tasting yet, but I've heard really good things about both.
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Catering by Celebrations.
  • KatandDan12KatandDan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also considering Absolutely Delicious. I have requested a quote for my wedding (it's happening about an hour out of San Antonio, so delivery is definitely a consideration.) I've got a more than adequate amount of money worked into my budget for the food, the only thing I'm stuck on is how to get the foods on the guests plates. I don't know that I have the money for a wait staff. I've also considered going with Central Market catering (the food is good and the prices are what I expect), but the problem with them is the heat-and-serve thing. I'm stuck on that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Absolutely Everything catering. It is required with our venue: Scottish Rite. We had our tasting a few months ago, and we really liked everything. They are very affordable and flexible in menu options. If there is something that you want and it isn't on the menu, they will see what they can do to get it made for you. One good thing is that they run a restaurant during the week, so you can discretely go and try their food and they don't even have to know that you are looking for a caterer.

http://www.absolutelyeverythingcatering.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    SA Party Planning has great prices and if you are having a bar, they supply the bartender and let you purchase your own alcohol. We are doing just beer, wine and margaritas so it was a better deal for us
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting chicken salad from Caterall in New Braunfels (we're going to basically self-cater, but FMIL thinks their chicken salad is to die for!).
    Always Daddy's Little Girl
    kimdad-2

Mr. vs Mrs. Food Blog
    (Updated 6/12/11, please vote for the next dish!)
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Zio's Italian Kitchen.  Very good food and a great price.  We didn't know they did catering until we saw them at the bridal show. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jkgomezjkgomez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE're using Olgas Catering.. they are absolutely delicious and the guy Robert is full of great ideas and suggestions. Very reasonable also.. Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards