Texas-San Antonio

Budget

How much are ya'll spending on ya'lls wedding including the honeymoon?

Re: Budget

• nicoleami3nicoleami3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Including the honeymoon ours is going to be around $16,000. It was hard deciding on a budget and we sort of did some research on venue pricing, catering, and really did the math. Some venues sound like such a great deal but when you really add up what the little more expensive venues provide your actually saving yourself time and money. So your best bet for finding a budget would be to reasearch the typical prices for things for cakes, catering, the venue...etc etc.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Well see that's the thing, we've got a budget but as it is w/o the honeymoon we're over, so I wanted to see what the norm was for this area & mine is as $20,000.  I've already started looking for ways to cut down like DIY favor tags & menu cards.  Hoping FI's side will pay for 1/2 of their attire because we're budgeting to pay for all of it (FI's idea not mine).
  • edited December 2011
    Well...if my calculations are correct, what we're shooting for is $10,500. That's with honeymoon and flights for a couple of my FI's out of state relatives. We've already got a catering quote from the venue, they do their own catering, and for about 70 ppl. it's $3500. That's with the cost of the venue, buffet style, salad with bread, 3 hors d'oeuvres, a carving station, a main dish item (pasta primavera, chicken alfredo, stuff like that) and various cheese/dip spreads. That's also with $500 put towards the hosted consumption bar. I feel like I really found a good deal with our venue, so I'm hoping the rest of our plans stay under budget like this one did. Who knows though, we've only done the catering and venue at this point...anything can run amok. :\
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• edited December 2011
    Yay we've gotten our budget down to just under $20k... sorry I've been working really hard to find ways to cut & just when paying for only 1/2 of the tuxes saved a butt load of money he tells me he wants to rent a car for his rents... there goes that savings.  Sorry just had to share because I feel so accomplished thus far.  Still looking for ways to chop down.
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    misskrysbaby what venue did you go with? Sounds like you got a a great deal!
  • Kat_EricKat_Eric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $5,000 that is not including my dress since my parents paid for it. Honeymoon we are doing a road trip. So far we are right on target with our wedding budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours just keeps going up.  We can still afford it but anytime I find a way to cut something else takes it place like we saved a lot only paying for 1/2 of the tux rentals but then FI brought up that his parent's veh isn't reliable to get to SA so now we have to rent a town car to get them there.  Grrr :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards